Chinese Democracy--this fall!

usatoday.com reports:
Axl Rose confirms new Guns N' Roses album coming soon

Axl Rose made a surprise radio appearance to confirm that after 10 years, Guns N' Roses will put out a new album this year.

Rock recluse Axl Rose made a surprise radio appearance to proclaim that Guns N Roses 10-years-in-the-making Chinese Democracy album will finally hit store shelves this fall.
The comments Saturday on Eddie Trunk's syndicated radio show marked the first interview the painfully private Rose has given since his failed 2002 comeback tour, which was abruptly scrapped midway amid riots and canceled shows.

Roses impromptu appearance came when former Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach, who was co-hosting the show, called Rose's cellphone and patched the call through the studio.

Quizzed on when the near-mythical album would come out, Rose said, "Sometime this fall or late fall." His band could be heard rehearsing in the background. "It will be out this year."

Trunk invited Rose to drop by the studio, and about an hour later he did.

Asked about the aborted 2002 comeback tour, which ended when Rose failed to appear for a gig in Philadelphia, Rose told Trunk he felt pressured into doing it before he was ready. But he insisted he has no regrets, since the short-lived tour helped the new band members to gel. (The 2002 lineup included keyboard player Dizzy Reed from the original GNR, former Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck, bassist Tommy Stinson from the Replacements, guitar shredder Buckethead, drummer Brian Brain Mantia formerly of Primus, guitarist Richard Fortus from the former Psychedelic Furs and Love Spit Love, and keyboard player Chris Pittman.)

"Can you tell people why the tour ended at that point?" asked Trunk.

"Umm, no, not exactly," said Rose, declining to discuss it.

Plans are currently in the works for Rose to relaunch his comeback by playing four shows at New Yorks Hammerstein Ballroom over the next 10 days, then head to Europe to play several music festivals.

Rose said the band at the Hammerstein shows will be similar to the one that played the 2002 tour, except for a new lead guitarist, whom he declined to identify except to say it's not an old GNR member. Buckethead left the band in 2004.

However, later in the broadcast, Rose seemed to contradict himself when he said hes been hobnobbing with former GNR guitarist and songwriter Izzy Stradlin, and strongly hinted that Stradlin may show up for the Hammerstein shows.

Former GNR guitar maestro Slash may end up back in the band as well, but probably not before the Hammerstein shows.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Re: Chinese Democracy--this fall!

O-dot wrote:
Alexhead wrote:Axl Rose confirms new Guns N' Roses album coming soon
And Generalissimo is still dead.
Finally, a GnR fan with a touch of perspective :mrgreen:

At least we already know the album will have fucking awful vocals. I suppose the rest is a fascinating musical mystery.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

If there's no Slash, Duff or Izzy, I ain't buying it.

(Actually, I will, but the newspaper will reimburse me.) :mrgreen:
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Re: Chinese Democracy--this fall!

Alexhead wrote:At least we already know the album will have fucking awful vocals.
Well, it's got to have something to connect it to the old GnR, and that's all Axl's got. Somehow I don't really mind Axl's sore-throated-penguin voice, though.

MC Bigfoot's debut album will blow "Chinese Democracy" out of the water. He's touring this fall with openers Chupacabra and the Jersey Devils.

Axl's new album is a myth, just like the Soul, Paul Bunyan, and "flouridated" drinking water.
Ride me a worm, you're a rider...
Walk without rhythm and you're a strider of deserts...

Blabbermouth says:
GUNS N' ROSES: 'Chinese Democracy' Release Date Announced? - Oct. 5, 2006
RollingStone.com reports: "From the annals of We'll Believe It When We See It: A friend of ours with a retail source has told us that the long awaited GUNS N' ROSES album, 'Chinese Democracy', has gotten a firm release date of November 21st. Under normal circumstances we'd laugh at such an assertion — after all, this album has reportedly cost more than $13 million and has been 'due out' since 1998. But whenever somebody has actually managed to get Axl to speak in the past few months, he's said it's coming out before the end of the year. Plus, there was that GN'R tour announcement the other day that alluded to a release date some time in the next two months. Dare to dream, folks. Dare to dream."
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Kanuck wrote:It's going to suck...
Well, yeah. :?

New Deftones will be out soon, that should cover any AOR metal cravings I have.

Alexhead wrote:New Deftones will be out soon, that should cover any AOR metal cravings I have.
Rob Zombie's new one pretty much did it for me on that end.

Alexhead wrote:New Deftones will be out soon, that should cover any AOR metal cravings I have.
ahaha what. Awesome. Shows how much I've been paying attention recently.

Alexhead wrote: AOR metal cravings
Speaking of which, there's a new Killswitch Engage out this week. I was completely unaware.

O-dot wrote:
Alexhead wrote: AOR metal cravings
Speaking of which, there's a new Killswitch Engage out this week. I was completely unaware.
It's a huge dissapointment. I'm sorry to say, but it really is.