The Goonies 2

no, i'm not kidding:
OPNW wrote: Not to be confused with the old Nintendo game called The Goonies II, The Goonies 2 is actually the movie sequel to The Goonies, and it is now in very early development at Warner Bros. The latest information is that the current working title is Goonies Never Say Die, but that will likely change. NOTE: This project will not be filming for a long time from now and they are not calling for any crew or extras at this time. Also, it is assumed that Astoria will be a filming location once again, but even that is not for sure this early in the timeline.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mmm, been holding my breath for this one. My 2-disc Critereon Collection edition of the original never leaves the DVD player.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

hey now, the goonies is a great flick to watch with the kids. sloth rules. but really, do we need this? i wonder if they'll be able to get jimmy pants back....

TC wrote:hey now, the goonies is a great flick to watch with the kids. sloth rules. but really, do we need this? i wonder if they'll be able to get jimmy pants back....
I saw it in the theater when it came out. Didn't care for it. Don't know why a sequel is needed, except for money.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

I saw it by myself as well now that I think about it. But I was going to the movies by myself by the time I was 7. Guess that's the advantage of living in the (then) relatively safe land of Nebraska.

Re: The Goonies 2

/film wrote:Goonies Sequel: Director Richard Donner Announces “We’re Doing A Sequel”

A Goonies sequel? There have been many rumors over the years, and supposedly a script that fell into development hell, but as Hollywood continues to search for my recycled ideas – The Goonies never say die. Goonies director Richard Donner was approached (err corned with a video camera) by gossip site TMZ and dropped the bomb that “We’re doing a sequel” to the 1980′s classic film Goonies. When asked if any of the stars from the original movie would return for The Goonies 2, Donner responded “Hopefully all of them!”

I stand by my 2005 sentiments. I'm with Mike, didn't make an impression on me as a kid. At that point I think I wanted someone with a sidearm and a bullwhip kicking Nazi ass, this was a little tame by comparison.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:I stand by my 2005 sentiments. I'm with Mike, didn't make an impression on me as a kid. At that point I think I wanted someone with a sidearm and a bullwhip kicking Nazi ass, this was a little tame by comparison.
This. Honestly, the only thing I remember about Goonies was a really shitty Cindi Lauper song.

well, for some reason it resonated with me. it's also one of my son's favorite movies from childhood (holy shit...did i just refer to that as past tense? ugh). but for the love of odin, leave it in the past. sequel now is beyond dumb.

Re photo above: look, a pre-leading man era Brolin.

Goonies was one all my friends were obsessed with back in the day, but I always felt it was never as fun as it was assuring me it was.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.