WikiLeaks

So, where are we...

Assagne has been arrested in London on an Interpol warrant, issued in Sweden.

Swedish prosecutors have said that the charges are bollocks and threw out the case. The only reason we're here? The Swedish government interfered and forced the trial. Undoubtedly from US pressure.

Paypal, Visa & MasterCard have frozen the funds of WikiLeaks, undoubtedly due to governmental pressure.

Germans are saying "We don't give a shit, let ze money flow!".

Razor 1911, the games piracy scene release group, have mirrored the entire WikiLeaks website: http://wikileaks.razor1911.com/

Sources:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Article/201012115849036

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20101207/tuk ... dbed5.html

Also, a news article on new material on WikiLeaks, containing UFO documents apparently:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... sange.html

Best quotes from this farce:
Sky Article wrote:The charges against him in Sweden are absurd and were judged as absurd by the chief prosecutor there when she threw the whole thing out until a senior political figure intervened.
Yahoo Article wrote:Sky News' US correspondent Greg Milam said: "There is a growing clamour in the US for something to be done even if they're not completely sure what that should be.

It is going to be most awesome to watch this house of cards eventually collapse.

Re: WikiLeaks

No matter what the truth is regarding Assange and the allegations against him, I find this whole Wikileaks thing most interesting and at times, amusing. I love how all of the governments thats been "outed" in some form by Assange, desperately want to blame him for something even though they quite dont know what that is.

No one seems to focuse on the fact that, for instance, these US foreign officials did and said the things they did. No one is denying it, but rather the US are trying to put the blame on Assange for exposing it. Absurd.

One wonders where it gonna end. What else does he have hidden that Wikileaks hasnt exposed yet?

Wikileaks has an insurance policy in case things get out of hand here - an encrypted selection of files anyone can download (it's on TPB and can be downloaded HERE) that they would release the password to in case of all-bork. Word has it that the files contain MAJOR dirt on the Bank of America - as in, corporation-ending dirt...

TPB are also fuelling a fire against PayPal for freezing Assagne's assets, in the form of a campaign to have folk withdraw all of their money and use alternate banking methods: http://thepiratebay.org/blog/185

Edit:
_Marcus_ wrote:What else does he have hidden that Wikileaks hasnt exposed yet?
For now, see BoA insurance policy & congress cables with content regarding UFO crap. Regardless, I think you're right in suggesting that there are still a few articles up his sleeve.

Draesk wrote:Wikileaks has an insurance policy in case things get out of hand here - an encrypted selection of files anyone can download (it's on TPB and can be downloaded HERE) that they would release the password to in case of all-bork. Word has it that the files contain MAJOR dirt on the Bank of America - as in, corporation-ending dirt...
SO downloading that right now, thanks for the heads up.

Apparently, the latest out of Wikileaks is that the US applied economic pressure and threatened with economic sanctions against Sweden if "we" didn't deal with TPB proper.

Ah, yes, the US treating the world like it's own back yard and forcing others to do its dirty work. Beginning to sound awfully familiar - and very tiring. I can't say I'm surprised that the US forced Sweden's hand in the matter. Threatening sanctions on another country to get them to clean up material that has no strategic value and is simply embarrassing to them? I have no words to convey how I truly feel about that.

Also, I missed this: http://collateralmurder.com/
WikiLeaks wrote:Wikileaks has obtained and decrypted this previously unreleased video footage from a US Apache helicopter in 2007. It shows Reuters journalist Namir Noor-Eldeen, driver Saeed Chmagh, and several others as the Apache shoots and kills them in a public square in Eastern Baghdad. They are apparently assumed to be insurgents. After the initial shooting, an unarmed group of adults and children in a minivan arrives on the scene and attempts to transport the wounded. They are fired upon as well. The official statement on this incident initially listed all adults as insurgents and claimed the US military did not know how the deaths ocurred.
:puke:

_Marcus_ wrote:No one seems to focuse on the fact that, for instance, these US foreign officials did and said the things they did. No one is denying it, but rather the US are trying to put the blame on Assange for exposing it. Absurd.
Not really. It's kind of the same as if someone posted all the private messages here. They're meant to be private for a reason and contain things you might not say in public for some reason or another. Or your private email. These are candid assements of what's going on, often little more than personal opinions. They're about as far removed from policy as you can get. And honestly, not very interesting to read. This dump I'd say is a wikileaks fail. They've done much more meaningful ones in the past.
Lucky Assagne, he can pretty much do anything illegal now and if they try to assest him claim he's being persecuted. On the flip side, jail might be the safest place for him, considering the sheer number of goverments he's managed to piss off. One of them is lible to send someone to kill him.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Just watched a BBC report on the matter, some interesting new developments have come to light.

Firstly, a loose coordination of hackers, allegedly working under the name "Anonymous" and so called "Hacktivists" ( :roll: ) have DDoS'd MasterCard and the Swiss PostBank for freezing Assange's funds. Unfortunately, the Swiss PostBank is a relatively innocent player in all of this - they only froze Assagne's funds because they found out he lied about having a Swiss apartment. However, they have only frozen those funds within Switzerland until they can contact Assagne and work out where to transfer the funds to. Unfortunately, he appears to be having issues finding safe harbours for his money.

The BBC have reported that MasterCard and Visa HAVE admitted to being pressured by the US government - they have claimed that they are innocent victims, stuck between pressure from the US and pressure from retaliatory groups acting in favour of Assagne. Amazon, however, are claiming that they are acting impartially.

The BBC have also reported on the logistics of having Assagne extradited to Sweden, then from Sweden to the US, suggesting that this is, in fact, the plan of the US government. This move, however, would require the authorization of both Swedish AND British courts.

Given that Australia have now given diplomatic support to Assagne, however, trying this extradition shuffle would most likely end up becoming a major diplomatic issue.

Draesk wrote:The BBC have reported that MasterCard and Visa HAVE admitted to being pressured by the US government -
Paypal has admitted it as well.
Draesk wrote: Given that Australia have now given diplomatic support to Assagne, however, trying this extradition shuffle would most likely end up becoming a major diplomatic issue.
They really should just let him go and wait for one of the more agressive countries he's pissed off to get him. It's only a matter of time before either the Saudis or Israelis sent someone to kill him.

Don't know what to think of all these celebs backing Assange, paying bail etc. I understand that they are (well, most of them) doing it because they don't want Wikileaks to close down or stop doing what they're doing. But 100% backing Assange in the middle of a rape charge? Nah. Not saying he's guilty or innocent, I'm just saying its disrespectful to the alledged victims for Michael Moore and the gang to gladly post bail for him even though those charges has been brought up.

_Marcus_ wrote:Don't know what to think of all these celebs backing Assange, paying bail etc. I understand that they are (well, most of them) doing it because they don't want Wikileaks to close down or stop doing what they're doing. But 100% backing Assange in the middle of a rape charge? Nah. Not saying he's guilty or innocent, I'm just saying its disrespectful to the alledged victims for Michael Moore and the gang to gladly post bail for him even though those charges has been brought up.
I'd agree with this if not for the fact that the senior Swedish prosecutor already threw out the case.

Draesk wrote:I'd agree with this if not for the fact that the senior Swedish prosecutor already threw out the case.
Is it a done deal though? The way I understood it, Assange was just bailed out and that us wonderful swedes are still trying to extradite him to the US on charges of rape and molestation? Meaning, it's not over yet.

Still though, the celebs came to his rescue before he was released, wich still makes it so-so.

No, it's only not over because America threatened Sweden with sanctions if they didn't deal with it, so your politicians decided to re-start the case after the prosecutor threw it out. But because he wasn't declared innocent, due to the case just being thrown out, he can, effectively, be re-tried for it.

Draesk wrote:But because he wasn't declared innocent, due to the case just being thrown out, he can, effectively, be re-tried for it.
It's not a re-trial if there never was one in the first place.
BTW, you guys are looking in the wrong direction if you think the American government is the real one behind all these troubles. The banks are where you should be looking for the true people pulling the strings. It's one thing to threaten governments, but threatening big business results in a world of hurt. Mark my words - the credit cards, amazon, all that is because of pressure from the banks.

darkness wrote:It's not a re-trial if there never was one in the first place.
I think that's what I just said. ;-)

Also, in another update, Apple have waded into this. Stevey boy was feeling left out, so he removed the WikiLeaks app from the Apple Apps Store.

Some are giving WikiLeaks credit for getting the Middle Eastern uprisings going via the leaked reports from our State Dept. on how ridiculously extravagant the former Tunisian President's lifestyle has been.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

BBC mentioned that Anonymous had been circulating the cables from WikiLeaks, but they suffixed the whole thing with "but nobody can comment on how much it is affecting the current situation".

I'm sure decades of oppressive and piss-poor rule played a small part in all of this, not to take anything away from the dominant influence of WikiLeaks in all corners of society and governance :roll: :wink:
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."