KaZaA & sneakware/spyware

here's an informative article on what you can look forward to if you use this popular file sharing program.

with the demise of wonderful Morpheus, i was pushed to find an alternate peer-to-peer file sharing program. i couldn't - at least, not one that i would want to install. i saw KMD (KaZaA Media Desktop) and passed, because i know exactly what kind of spyware is bundled with that pile of shit program.

BUT....

i soon discovered much joy!!! over at KaZaALite.com where an enterprising programmer has created his own distribution of the KaZaA program, but without the spyware/adware/sneakware!!! a very interesting use of the HOSTS file. of course, you have to do a little more reading on how to install it, etc., but it is VERY worth your while.

i hope all you file sharers out there are paying attention - support KaZaALite while you still can, because KaZaA will probably block all access to it's web six months from now....

Yep works the same and no nastyware to be found. I have been using it for a while now. Just can't think of anything new I want to download. Got any suggestions TC? I know I'll be sorry for asking that question. :lol:

Check out the Scooby Doo Blair Witch Project. It's awesome! Download part 1 and 2. If you get the whole version all at once they skip about a minute. It's pretty funny.
We're Back in gØre!!!!

myFORUM

Mr. Nissen wrote:Check out the Scooby Doo Blair Witch Project. It's awesome! Download part 1 and 2. If you get the whole version all at once they skip about a minute. It's pretty funny.
cool, i'll have to check that out - sounds hilarious. the funniest thing i've gotten recently from there is the french version of the Thundercats theme song. they're called "Cosmocats". it's fucking funny! :lol:

ahhh .. the joy's of KaZaA Lite ..
Can't sleep clowns will eat me. ...

"You asked for a miracle, I give you the FBI." - Hans Gruber (Die Hard 1)

$>cd /pub
$>more beer
$>rm -rf /bin/laden

If you're just into music, I highly recommend Piolet. In its infancy, it used to be Blubster till the lead dev and his company had a "falling out," as in they wanted to make money off the program, he wants it to be free. Ad-free, spyware-free, no central server, but it's MP3 and OGG only. Still, better than Kazaa in many respects, and very familiar to a good old MP3 sharing friend of ours.
TC wrote:as soon as baseball stops being homosexual, i will.

hey, thanks for the tip - i'll have to check that out later.
Kanuck wrote:and very familiar to a good old MP3 sharing friend of ours.
hmmm..... ;)

Everyone needs to start being careful of file swapping services. Looks like the record companies are about to start going after individual users in a big way. This current case with virizon is just the start.