Those aren't RCA cables. I don't honestly know what they are, but I do know what you speak of - they're not RCA, they're not quarter-inch, they're somewhere in between.

It's frustrating, yeah.
TC wrote:as soon as baseball stops being homosexual, i will.

Re: rca cables

heck wrote:When did rca cable connections (m) become too small to fit onto rca inputs (f)? Did I miss the briefing on this one?
A tight fit is essential to ensure good contact. Ideally, you should have to work at it a bit to get the rca plug to go in. Once in, the cable shouldn't come out without having to really pull hard. It's only cheap rca cables that easily push in.

heck wrote:When did rca cable connections (m) become too small to fit onto rca inputs (f)? Did I miss the briefing on this one?
:D

And I'd disagree with the above statement - sure, they shouldn't fall right out, but high-quality cables normally attain their snug connection by hugging the outer ring of the female connector with the rubber cover.

Note that it was after midnight, after a really, really long day, followed by a long night at the pool hall... heh heh :)

Kanuck wrote:but high-quality cables normally attain their snug connection by hugging the outer ring of the female connector with the rubber cover.
No, hi-end cables such as those made by monster also grip the female outer ring tightly with the metal turbine outer ring on the male connector, thus ensuring a tight fit.

So I've heard, and I'm sure that one day, when I have a television larger than 13", and a stereo system manufactured within the last 35 years, I might try it out - till then, as long as it fits securely and isn't a skinny little thing, I'm fine with it :D