Board index General SciTech

Earbuds (or headphones)

Science & technology/gaming/home-theatre/computer discussion.

Earbuds (or headphones)

Postby O-dot on 07/02/16, 17:36:35

Anyone got any product recommendations? I'm willing to spend up to $100 (thanks to office holiday gift). Looking for good audio quality, minimal leakage, secure fit. Comfort, too, would be nice.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.
O-dot
The Lone Gunman
The Lone Gunman

Re: Earbuds (or headphones)

Postby darkness on 07/02/16, 23:32:06

I really like Sennheiser's stuff. I haven't tried any of their lower end under $100 products, but they make great headphones in the higher price range, which I would hope would translate down.
Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message. Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
darkness
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Postby TC on 08/02/16, 06:15:21

for something that's a good all-around headphone, i've been using monster's iSport for the last few years. i can wear them drumming (lots of sweat) or on a plane and they sound good. lots of different earpieces come with them for all sizes. i found out with these that one ear has a smaller opening than the other. these work with that :) they are right at the $100 mark and have lasted much longer than the few $70-ish headphones i had before this. they have a flat cable to prevent tangling, too.

edit: i just looked and it looks like they have changed the style quite a bit, so i can't vouch for the current model, but i can say that it looks like you can get a pair for $40 right now at amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Monster-iSport-St ... B00AAHTQ30
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Postby _Marcus_ on 08/02/16, 07:21:57

As someone who spends about $10 on eardbuds from Skullcandy (and loves them), I'm too embarrassed to even answer this question...
_Marcus_
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Postby O-dot on 08/02/16, 10:03:03

I usually have gone the low-cost option, but then you get what you pay for. ;)
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.
O-dot
The Lone Gunman
The Lone Gunman

Postby big d note on 08/02/16, 10:32:31

I have these and like them a lot: http://amzn.com/B004P7O26W

I had the previous generation of those too, but they finally died after about 7 years of regular use. The sound is good, not excellent, but the noise cancelling is really nice when I'm on the light rail or a plane. They're much easier to carry around than a pair of the big Bose noise cancelling headphones.
big d note
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Post a reply

Board index General SciTech