Testing in progress

I don't think anybody's coming online tonight, but in case you are here, I'm "messing with the DB" (read: looking around) to diagnose the problem with the Audio Reviews page, so the occasional topic may be showing with the wrong poster. No worries, it should last maybe five seconds - believe it or not, I do know what I'm doing, and I've already found a few interesting tidbits out about this script TC's using. Of course, having to diagnose it without being able to see the actual script that fetches all the info from the database isn't much fun, that's TC for you :P

Oh, did I mention I'm the newest administrator here? :)
TC wrote:as soon as baseball stops being homosexual, i will.

I got it!

if (user_rank) { Topic will display }
else { Topic won't }

I posted a test audio review, made Michelle the poster, and it disappeared from the Audio Reviews page. Made her admin, nothing... added her to admin group, nothing... changed her user rank, blamo. It won't work if your user rank is 0 or null.

Very odd, but the problem has now been diagnosed, TC - it's yours to fix, because I don't have access to that stuff :) The problem's definitely on all three of the pages, you only noticed it on the one because the other two, you and Storm were able to post - the three of us are the only ones with non-zero ranks in the database :)

The script's written kinda badly, IMO. Find:

Code: Select all

$CFG['show_ranks'] = 1;
Replace with:

Code: Select all

$CFG['show_ranks'] = 0;
(Script editing for dummies :P)

Betcha that'll fix it, I think the script, when it's trying to send the actual text for the user's rank, is inadvertently limiting the query by user_rank instead. If it doesn't fix it, then I could use some root directory access - besides, it's more fun that way :)

good work!!

although, i can't tell you how annoying it is that it took you a total of five minutes to see that and i passed right over it for months... :roll:

but, that's why i pay you the big bucks. :mrgreen:

all hail kanuck!