Poll ended at 28/11/02, 00:49:07 You may select 1 option

I like!
Total votes: 8 (62%)
meh...
Total votes: 4 (31%)
I don't like it!
Total votes: 1 (8%)
Total votes: 13

Looks Good TC. The only thing I would lose is the random poster/user. if someone has a avatar messed up you get the infamous red x which I hate. But the site looks pretty slick. :D

I noticed that either because of [split] topics or [moved] topics it throws the main page off. It looks like it leaves the in-valid original link as well as the new link.

Storm13 wrote:I noticed that either because of [split] topics or [moved] topics it throws the main page off. It looks like it leaves the in-valid original link as well as the new link.
hm, good point. i didn't notice that. i'll look into it, thanks!

TC wrote:if you don't like it, please say why. feedback is the only thing that changes things around here...
Hey you should know me by now that I would tell you that it sucks if it sucks but in this case it don't suck. How's that? :lol:

/me was the dissenter :oops: ;)

There's a big blank space on the right of the page that the tables don't fill, and personally, I don't think a dynamic front page is the way to go. Separate news updates would be better - just give certain people the rights to post to a new "Front Page News" category, and let everybody reply, comments style. Then on the front page, just list the latest 10 posts in the category, with (24 comments) or whatever at the bottom, linking to the news post. IMHO, a much cleaner implementation - and you've obviously already written most of the code necessary :)
TC wrote:as soon as baseball stops being homosexual, i will.

don't know what you're talking about re: the blank space, but the rest of your post is totally correct. i agree 100%, which is why there are the categories there are now in this forum. i just haven't placed the proper restrictions on the front page yet. but, it's getting there. the general idea is in place. 8)

not to mention that cutting down on some of that will eliminate the insane page generation times we're getting right now....

but yeah, i'm still playing with it..

ok, fixed the remote avatar bug on the main page. also added links to the still in development reviews pages. check 'em out. for some reason the audio reviews page is only pulling certain reviews and not all. this is a bug (reported long ago) that i'm still working on...

also, only posts in the news category are listed on the front page now, as it should be.

TC wrote:okay, i've eliminated the load time lag while i'm working on this. so, it loads speedily now.
That made a hell of a difference. Thanks.

Wow is lightning fast to get in now. Well not lightning but you know what I mean. Good deal TC Now I can start coming in from the front again instead of the forum. :D