new features upcoming

just an update, for those of you keeping track:

~ i'm hoping to get the attachments re-enabled over the weekend. after that's done, i'm going to start uploading some wallpapers i've done recently for starters, then more things available for d/l to come...

~ songs of the week: this will be a feature linked off of the main pages that will have anywhere from 3-6 songs available for listen each week, in an effort to turn people onto new music. all streams will be Flash-based, which means instant streaming, no launching of third-party applications (like RealPlayer or Windows Media Player, etc.), and no downloads, as 99.9% of people already have Flashplayer. they will be top quality, full length songs spanning all different genres - there will not be more than one from each genre per week. they will be able to be heard equally on dialup or broadband. i haven't yet decided how long each week will be available, but i'm guessing probably two or three weeks, then down.

~ a full and proper review system is still aways off, but in the meantime, i'm going to have a reviews section, with current/recent reviews appearing on the front page of the site. bascially, the only difference is that when the full review system becomes available, you will be able to search/filter by ratings, whereas in the meantime you won't - just by title/category.

~ if anyone is interested, i will try to get the chat re-enabled as well. the calendar is also going to get troubleshooted/troubleshot.

that's all i can think of for now....