site will be down at least one day Tuesday

just received this letter from my host:
Integra Hosting wrote: At long last the announcement that many of you have been waiting for ---

'We will be upgrading your server, integrahosting.integrahosting.com on Tuesday, April 9th. We will begin the migration in the morning. Please make sure that no files are uploaded to the server at this time. Any uploaded files will be lost in the migration. Once the upgrade is complete, we will send notification. We advise that you should check your server once you are notified the migration is complete. Please report any problems via the support desk. If you have any problems with the date scheduled, please let us know.

Regards,
OLM System Administration'

Please make sure your sites are backed up before Tuesday morning. This is not a server upgrade, as Ensim couldn't write an upgrade patch for this magnitude of an upgrade. The Linux will be upgraded from Red Hat 6 to 7.1 or 7.2, I don't know which yet. The file structure is different for the system and it may affect your sites and the many customizations we've put on the system. We've been told we will probably have to reinstall all the custom work we've done for you over the past year.

As a result, you may see errors in your site to include it not working at all after the migration takes place. If you have problems, please email us at support@integrahosting.net - this is off of that server in case our email is messed up too.

Tomcat will almost certainly have to be reinstalled, so all of you running JSP/Servlets may experience significant outages in the site. It may take 1-2 days to get Tomcat back up should it not migrate successfully. The upside is that we will be getting Java2 capability in this.

We regret the inconveniences this will cause, but please realize that we've customized for so many of you we will not be able to get it all back right away should we have problems. Let us know and we'll get to everything as quickly as possible.

Integra Hosting
The Host You'll Call Home
so, this is why i've been stalling on upgrades here. i am hoping this goes off without a hitch, but who knows what will happen.

i have been away for a couple of days - i see that i've got some responding to do here. i'll try to get back on later, but i wanted to post this now. if something tragic happens with this and this site can't be reached, you can email me at my alternate address: g0rey1@hotmail.com for updates.
Last edited by TC on 09/04/02, 23:18:09, edited 1 time in total.

i've just received word that the site my only be down for a few hours. i'm going into lockdown mode here (no new posts/members) before i go to bed tonight, and will be back up (barring catastrophe) when i get home from work.

then, if all goes well, the real upgrades begin around here...