Your input wanted!

Okay, I'm in the process of making some more changes to the new g0re.net, and I need to know a few things. First of all, how many of you actually use the Alt- keyboard shortcuts to use BBcode when posting? Personally I use the buttons, but never the keyboard shortcuts - how about you guys?

I'll post more questions as needed, I'm just making sure this site is what you guys want :)
TC wrote:as soon as baseball stops being homosexual, i will.

Hmm, okay - surprised at that, actually. Especially since you can't Shift-highlight a piece of text and then Alt-I to apply the BBcode, you have to use the mouse anyways.

Okay, good to know. Oh yeah, "slight" update coming to private area soon :)
Last edited by Kanuck on 07/02/03, 15:50:51, edited 1 time in total.

Alright, some more questions. The "view posts for previous x days," "view unanswered posts," and the Jumpbox seem like prime candidates for removal. Anybody desperately want any of them to stay, or is it okay to keep the current "view posts since last visit" and "view last 24 hours," and use the forum index to get around?

And while you're all thinking about that, TC, my finger slipped - go check it out :)

Kanuck wrote:Hmm, okay - surprised at that, actually. Especially since you can't Shift-highlight a piece of text and then Alt-I to apply the BBcode, you have to use the mouse anyways.
true, but they're very useful inline as you are typing (<-- proof!) ;)

Kanuck wrote:Alright, some more questions. The "view posts for previous x days," "view unanswered posts," and the Jumpbox seem like prime candidates for removal. Anybody desperately want any of them to stay, or is it okay to keep the current "view posts since last visit" and "view last 24 hours," and use the forum index to get around?
I use the "view posts since last visit" on almost evey visit. Next would be the forum index, then the "view last 24 hours". Never use the others.

If you read my post carefully, that's exactly what I wanted to hear :)

this adds a whole new dimension to the posting screen.

now I know I have them I like them, but since I'm almost never here you probably want to disregard my opinion ;)

Re: heh

heck wrote:I didn't know either. Furthermore, I don't know what a BB shortcut is!

So in answer to your question, TC: huh?
when you're posting, there's little buttons that say 'B', 'i', 'u', 'Quote', 'Code', 'List', 'List=', 'Img, 'URL' up there; if you mouse over one, you'll see a tip appear below the 'Font colour' and 'Font size' pulldowns that tells you the keyboard shortcut for invoking and closing the selected tag.

Re: heh

TC wrote: when you're posting, there's little buttons that say 'B', 'i', 'u', 'Quote', 'Code', 'List', 'List=', 'Img, 'URL' up there; if you mouse over one, you'll see a tip appear below the 'Font colour' and 'Font size' pulldowns that tells you the keyboard shortcut for invoking and closing the selected tag.
So you have to use your mouse to find the keyboard shortcuts? Kind of defeats the point doesn't it? :)

Not if you're intelligent enough to notice that every function starts with a different letter. With the exception of the image tag, which uses p (for picture). Alt+that letter gives you what you want.

So really, you need your eyes and two fingers - either way, quit yer bitchin' :P

Kanuck wrote: So really, you need your eyes and two fingers - either way, quit yer bitchin' :P
I got your two fingers right here pal. :flipa:

:P