argh, TC!

So how come when I access g0re.net on the iMac i use at work, the boxes that display posted messages are like 5.000 times bigger than they need to be?
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

TC wrote:what browser are you using?
We have Internet Explorer 5.1 on these iMacs...
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

AFAIK, that's 100% standards compliant, including (gasp!) PNG transparency. TC, tsk tsk tsk... where's your validator?

Edit: just noticed, in topic review, quotes are black-on-dark-gray. You been messing around?
TC wrote:as soon as baseball stops being homosexual, i will.

fuck. well honestly, i'm thinking of scrapping this whole style. when i started this, i threw up a suggestion for a style based on anything from GUIstuff. someone picked this (after i had already said i was going to do it) and got about 3/4 done with it then bailed. so i took that from them and completed it. along the way i've discovered that certain things have been fucked from the beginning. i do not relish doing a complete rewrite of this style - if i were going to do that, i'd do something else. so, it comes to this.

once i complete my current contract, look for some major changes cosmetically here.

by the way kanuck (and everyone else), suggestions on the main site have not gone unheard. after looking around a bit at some upstart sites (like dvdfuture.com, for example), i realize how badly this site sucks. not just for lack of content and effort/members, but the layout in general blows. again, i hope to have some time soon enough to change that. along those lines, i'm going to be trimming the groups of people that do not contribute - they've been this way for months, so it'll be real easy to tell. i think we have a couple very clear contributors who will be honored.

anyway, i'm kind of disgusted with the whole thing right now. change is good.

It doesn't suck, and I'd gladly help. In fact, my honest opinion is that this design is better than 90% of tech sites, and 99% of sites in general. So you're definitely getting there. And if you need any help - second opinion, creative input, graphics, coding, scripting, whatever - I'm on it, since I'd love to see one of my designs actually get some use :)
TC wrote:as soon as baseball stops being homosexual, i will.

TC wrote:anyway, i'm kind of disgusted with the whole thing right now. change is good.
well now, don't do that just because I can't read the site so well at work. Just that g0re.net is a handy time-waster when I'm, uh, "hard at work."

:roll:

well i've been looking into a few things, and with kanuck around here now things will move more quickly. the site needs to be usable by all browsers; i've lost more than a few people because of that (silly as it may be, it's very hack of me not to have this sorted out). so, you're just motivation. :mrgreen:

TC wrote:you're just motivation. :mrgreen:
Heh, maybe I should change my avatar to Gunnery Sgt. Hartman. :satan:

TC wrote:or gunny highway...
:dunno: