LOOK - People Needed!

ok all - i need people interested in contributing in any of a few different ways:
  • News - anyone interesting in handling the news will be someone that can hit the usual suspects online (and possibly some unusual) on a daily basis and post any interesting news here - be it DVD releases (Near Dark, GGR), movie news, celeb gossip, earthquakes, giant asteroids heading towards earth, whatever. kinda like what i've been trying to do.

Reviewers - i plan on hosting reviews in a few different areas: current movies, dvd releases, music (new and past), hardware/software, shows, etc. anyone seriously interested in being a part of this is welcome. just note upfront that i expect more than "it sucked" or "it was neat-o".

Moderators - these will be people that can or do visit here regularly and will keep an eye on things, just to make sure things don't get outta hand. as you can probably tell, there's been exactly two things since january that a moderator would have had to do, but i expect things to change a bit when the launch goes official, so interested parties are welcome.
so far, i've got two featured article writers (one, at least, but more than likely two) and that's probably enough for right now. that may change in the future, but for right now, that's it.

anyone interested in the above positions please simply respond or PM me.

thanks!
Last edited by TC on 06/01/03, 13:23:04, edited 1 time in total.

TC--

Sounds cool man. I can tell you that I'll definitely contribute SOMETHING to your site, hopefully several things. Sorry I've been making myself scarce here but I'll try to change that...

8O heck 8O

well, once i get things launched, you can get a feel for what's going to go on, and hopefully get your shit together enough to contribute. i know i'm not the most open of people when it comes to different kinds of movies and music, or at least i don't have the library at my fingertips that others do, so that's what i'm hoping to remedy. plus, i know that certain people already have quite a few reviews up on sites like IMDB and/or Amazon, and i'm supplying a more personal setting for such things. at least, i hope so.

and, @Storm - got your message, sounds like i plan. i'll get back to you, thank you!

TC wrote:...and, @Storm - got your message, sounds like i plan. i'll get back to you, thank you!
Anything to help. I'm just glad to have the site available to pass my time with (and even broaden my horizons some).

I would be interested in doing DVD or movie reviews.

Well I was about to put some funny news up about the new Limp Bizkit album, but I see that, for no particular reason aside from adding more gizmos to the site, you need a super secret decoder ring or something! I can't wait to see this place in five years, it'll probably trigger seizures :loony:

here's the deal:

the main site is going to have different pages, one for movie news, one for music news, etc., wherein the stories can be pulled and displayed individually from the database, with the titles of the other stories linked on the side, making it more like a book/newspaper/whatever. for this reason, i don't want to leave the forums under the "NEWS" category open to everyone, because i don't want the front story in the movie news section of the main site to be, "Hey, did you see brittany's tits last night? they were awesome!". if you plan on contributing on a regular basis, you can become part of the group, along with which you can receive very short specific instructions as to how things work. if you don't want to be a contributor on a regular basis, there will be a "submit news" page which will send me whatever you've got.

i could just leave everything open if i had a good team of moderators that would be around (at least one of them) 24/7 to move things to the right place on sight. in lieu of that however, this is the way it is.

it's sort of irrelevant right now, as some of the loss screwed up my progress, but it will be up shortly. i also still plan on havening original content and articles. if people would start actually doing reviews, that would help too.

i have just noticed that the informants group is empty. this must've happened during the crash. if you were a member and still wish to be, please let me know.

thanks!

TC wrote:if i had a good ... moderator... around ...
Hey, what am I?? Chopped liver??

:lol:
hey, you and me can't do everything!! 8)

TC wrote::lol:
hey, you and me can't do everything!! 8)
Speak for yourself man, but I can do everything :wink:

I would like to write some articles once I see what type of stuff other people contribute. I'm not sure if my brain would fit the type of Featured Articles you are looking for however... if you want to give me a colum or something called "Def's Drug Induced Realisations" I'm all over it.... but I'll probably be happy in the forums by myself... 8O

Sign me up as a reviewer/moderator, dude - always looking to hone my writing skills :)
TC wrote:as soon as baseball stops being homosexual, i will.

TC wrote:i have just noticed that the informants group is empty. this must've happened during the crash. if you were a member and still wish to be, please let me know.

thanks!
get to work on o-dot, paisan...

:killer:
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

nihil wrote:if you want to give me a colum or something called "Def's Drug Induced Realisations" I'm all over it....
i don't have a problem with that. 8)

so.....any chance of you ever getting around to sending me stuff? i'm jonesing for akira....

locked, as this is now irrelevent.