what a year

well folks, it's been a year now since i added another admin and shortly after that another one. our intentions were good - transforming this place, upgrading, and providing exactly what everyone wants. however, bigger fish called out to my cohorts and put this on the back burner. i finally got a great job. schedules just didn't comply.

that being said, the site will undergo some changes this year for sure. how many and to what degree depends largely on you.

you are the faithful users who have graced these pages with your presence for the last few years.

you are the people that have stuck around through slow times.

you are the reason i ever started the site to begin with.

now, it's time for me to return the favor.

what would you most like to see happen here at g0re.net? what changes would you like to see? what features would you like to request? what would you like to see on the front page of g0re.net? what can be added, removed, or otherwise from the site/forum to make your experience more enjoyable, to make you want to return?

no suggestion is too small or too large, and everything will be taken seriously i assure you. i have no illusions of becoming the next AICN or anything, but i can envision becoming a site that you feel you couldn't live without. help me make it so.

thanks once again for your continued support,
TC
Last edited by TC on 29/11/04, 11:28:45, edited 1 time in total.

ok, after a week with no response, here's another question - did i make a mistake renewing this domain? :?

No mistake as far as I'm concerned..but I've always been more of a parasi..err, reader, than a poster. All I can think of in terms of improvements is fixing the slight problem on the portal (see below). Other than that, to me it's a case of "Don't fix what isn't broken" :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

appreciated much. :)

and yeah, the portal has several issues, and frankly several versions since this. hell this template isn't even viewable using netscape anything and/or a mac.

so even if it's decided to be a case of "don't fix what isn't broken", there are plenty of things to fix even though they don't appear broken. ;)

Sorry for the late "chiming in". I for one am 100% glad that you did renew the domain. I think that the past few months have been really slow around here for a number of reasons. It seems like, for some reason, most of us seem to be having times of times of turmoil, high stress, overload at work, or something else that keeps us from doing the things we love, one of which is discussing the "non-pop" culture items that we do here.

Indeed, and on the rare occasions I've been able to get back here, it's awesome to kick back and discuss a few things. I just don't see any need to "fix" anything right now - it could be a lot better, but it could also be a lot worse. It does what it's meant to do, and nobody really seems to have any time to do anything about the shortcomings, despite all the times we've tried to get something started ;)
TC wrote:as soon as baseball stops being homosexual, i will.