It lives!

Ok, I hope the DNS updates wil be done in a few ours and I'll be not the only one skimming in here. :)
"Good taste is the death of art."
-Truman Capote

hm, it's been over five hours now and the DNS still isn't resolving for me; the only way i can get here is by IP right now....

damn DNS.

ok, all sites are now live pretty much everywhere in the world. and FAST AS FUCK if i do say so myself. :)

all hail the mystical frank!

TC wrote:hm, it's been over five hours now and the DNS still isn't resolving for me; the only way i can get here is by IP right now....

damn DNS.
It's finally resolved for me.

it's still fucked up for me at home, but works here at work. i think my email is still hosed, though.

It finally just resolved for me. But yeah, I'm still getting bounce messages from the email I sent you a few days ago asking where the board went. So what happened?

yeah, i'm just now getting all my emails from the last week.

i sent out a mass message a couple days ago, but it may not have been delivered to some/any of you. it was a planned server relocation, but it originally wasn't supposed to happen until tuesday night, and i was going to warn everyone monday. but things "happened" early, so here's the jist from the Mystical Frank about what happened (my sites are on the same server bank that phpbb.com is, and this was posted at phpbb.com):
First off, I apologize for the long delay in posting any updates. As you read through this post, hopefully it will make sense.

Secondly, A bit of background would prob. help. phpbb.com is running on a dedicated Xeon server. That server is colocated at a data center. Colocation means that I own the server hardware and I lease space in the data center and a network feed to the Internet.

All times are Central (GMT-6)

At aprox. 5:30 am on Monday July 21st XO communicaitons disconnected the Internet connection for the company that I colocate my California servers with. At the same time, the company that I colocate with removed all of their (and my) hardware from the XO data center. The network feed from XO was disconnected over a billing dispute.

After talking with the owner of the company where I colocate, it was obvious that the dispute with XO was not going to be resolved quickly. I was then told that all of my servers (I have 6 in California) would be sent overnight to The Planet in Texas. I spent the rest of the Monday trying to get status updates, IP addresses etc.

Late in the evening on Monday it becaue obvious that the servers would NOT be going to The Planet. I then began negotiations with several other data centers to obtain the space and bandwidth that I needed. A deal was agreed upon late Monday night / Early Tuesday morning. The servers would be going to Hurricane Electric (http://www.he.com) in California. I began to arrange for the servers to move via FedEX custom critical services.

The big delay in moving was contact the owner of the company where the servers used to be located. From aprox. 12:30 am on Tuesday until about 5:30 PM on Tuesday he was not answers email, IM, cell phone etc. We finally got in communication aroudn 5:30 on Tuesday. He labeled and packed the servers.

At aprox. 8:00 pm Tuesday FedEX custom critical picked up the servers from the old host. At 3:30 this morning they were delivered to HE (it's 400 miles or about 9 hours driving between them).

At this point I am waiting for HE to have the servers put into racks, powered up and have the IP addresses changed from the old ones to the new ones.

Unitl the servers we in the hand of FedEX, I did not want to post any news/info about what was going on. Although I do trust the old host very much, he did have aprox. $9,000 (USD) of my servers.

That's all I know for now. As more info is available, I'll post.

Subdomains and e-mail should work now, Frank fixed some stuff that was broken from the move.
TC wrote:as soon as baseball stops being homosexual, i will.