Imac!

Did anyone ever figure out why these Imacs I use at work always blow up the text messages at g0re.net to about 300 times their normal size?
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

TC wrote:do me a favor - see if the groomlake site does the same thing. thanks.
As of 9 p.m. Central time, I couldn't get groomlake to load on this Imac:

phpBB : Critical Error
Could not connect to the database
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

oh yeah...kanuck was doing something. i just figured he would have fixed it by now. i know he's been working on phpbb.com though....

i'll let you know.

God dammit, remind me never to take on seventeen jobs at once, ever, EVER again.

It works now, though. MySQL, however, is a different story - TC, any word on that web host? Because even though you gave me full permissions, I still can't do ANYTHING with MySQL. Anything, like, say, duplicate the tables for this site, to modify them for use on the new site... grr :P
TC wrote:as soon as baseball stops being homosexual, i will.

More on the IMAC dillemma:

The tables come through on the groomlake site at the appropriate size. Interestingly the tables in my inbox here at g0re.net also come through correctly, ie, not 50 feet wide.

Your move, TC!

We're officially working on the new site again. I know the problem you're experiencing, why it occurs, and how to avoid it - I've likely got malformed tables in there. 100% width means something very different than most people realize, that's the main problem.

If only we all used the same browser, and it was actually standards-compliant... argh.
TC wrote:as soon as baseball stops being homosexual, i will.