Tonight!

Well we get to talk about braggin rights after after tonight! God knows we need the win pretty badly so I'll be on me knees praying(hopefully not to the porcelin Godess in the mourning).

well, clearly we lost. it's getting pretty old talking about what a good effort we put forth, like it's a consolation prize. there aren't many guys on our team that seem to care enough.

Scott Melanby (my favorite Blues player right now)
Keith Tkachuk
and....

oh wait, that's about it. i wish we could clone Mel.

Without a doubt TC. How about Scotts goal against the Wings. This guy isn't fast our pretty-just gets the job done. Ever since he got here last year he's sparked the team with how he plays. As far as "gritty" players go he might be the best we got. He does a better job in front of the net and making a play then both Weight and Tkatchuk, just does it with a lot less grace.

Only person I might add to your list is Finley, he doesn't score but reminds me of Baron on D. He just makes the right plays and doesn't get beat which is a lost art on defense.

I didn't get to see the game but heard the recap this morning--man, sounds like you guys were out-hustling us to beat the band but that Roy was a wall when he needed to be. Cool that Podein got a goal, has he been doing some good things for you guys? I dunno what to say. Quite a surprise to me that St. Louis isn't fighting with the Avs for the second seed. Is it just injuries or do you think there's some serious chemistry or coaching issues?

Alexhead wrote:Cool that Podein got a goal, has he been doing some good things for you guys?
yeah, Podein has been great, from what i've heard (remember, i only listen to the games). he was really hustling to get that goal. he makes others on his line good (i.e., (B)Eastwood).
Alexhead wrote: Is it just injuries or do you think there's some serious chemistry or coaching issues?
we were slumping before injuries. i just remember a couple of years ago, when we were suffering through some serious injury bugs, it didn't matter who you plugged in on what line or who you called up to fill in - we were winning. more importantly, the system was winning. it seems like we no longer have a system, or that we don't have guys who buy into the system as a team. maybe guys don't trust each other enough yet. maybe they don't have enough faith in the goalie. maybe maybe maybe, but the point is there is no more "Blues Hockey" like there used to be (i.e., stiffling defense, tight checking, total puck control, tape to tape outlet passes, etc.)

NOTE: for more brilliance of this team, see my sig :roll:

TC's right the chemistry hasn't been there all year, before the injuries or the olympic break. I'd put my money in the system or the coach is at fault. We had a system in place that was phenominal, defense with the quick break out. This is all depends on speed! Doesn't seem like we lost much of it but Turgeon, Hecht and Connie are replaced with Tkachuk, Weight and Stillman. Different stile of game, with maybe the exception of Stillman, but for some reason the philosophy changed. We play the slower more "sure footed" game. I don't understand why the system has adapted to them as opposed to those players adapting to the system! :killer:

Oh well the playoffs are a whole new season!

here's a stat for you:
Nagy, young guy that was part of the deal for Tkachuk, has the same number of goals so far this year as Weight.

We chose to keep Corso over Nagy, because Corso is some kind of legend up towards Montreal.

uh....yeah. :cuss: