Olympic Style-now more than ever

Damn, these games (well, some of the closer games) have been so good that I'm quickly turning my girlfriend into a hockey fiend--god bless the Olympics for that alone! But also, I gotta say that the wide-open style is excellent for the sport. I understand the NHL is looking at making some changes regarding 2 line passes and such, and I think it's a damn good idea. With the U.S. looking pretty salty so far, television viewership through the roof for that U.S./Russia game (one of the best I've ever watched), general interest peaking and all, they need to take advantage of the hype to get more people involved in this great sport.

Oh, and despite the nice play of several Avs big guns for 'em, I'm tired of hearing about Team Canada's divine right to the gold. Fuck 'em, I hope the U.S. or Czech Republic run off with it. Gotta think with Weight, Young and Tkachuk on the U.S. side, I know who you guys are going for...

You forget the basic staple for a Blues fan, defense. Prongs and Al been around a long time. It was strange rooting against the pair, but yes I was doing just that.

Couldn't agree with you more on the need for the NHL to adopt some of the rules. Specifically the elimination of the red line and the 15 sec rule. I won't hold my breath for the latter of those two for the simple fact that the almighty dollar won't allow it. This is such a shame too, because if they could loose some of the revenue we might even see less seats and bigger rinks! :metal:

You forget the basic staple for a Blues fan, defense.

Yeah, I keep thinking back to our series with you last year and the whole concept disappears :lol:

Just kidding, that was cool to see our top guys and yours anchoring the blue line for a gold medal-winning team. Also cool as hell to see my boy Sakic light up the rink like a pinball game! He's a pleasure to watch. It was a good game until the 3rd, too; I thought we'd (the U.S., that is) have a crack at tying it until Joe started pulling his tricks.

I'd like to see what ratings will be like for NHL games over the next few weeks, and would love to see if any 'new' fans have any comments on the differences in rules and ice size. The NHL got the championship game they wanted; now that they've got some attention, they've gotta do something with it.

Say, I was reading a rundown of Cup chances in yesterday's paper on a team-by-team basis, and while they were complementary of the Blues, they said your biggest trade deadline move that needed to be made was shoring up goaltending--I didn't think Johnson had been bad at all for you guys this year. What's your thoughts on the kid if he's looking at a Game 7 or even a conference championship series?