Roy-"Act like you've been there before"

I've got to agree with TC on this one, sorry I'm using a football legend in your hockey post but if the shoe fits....! That stare down on Mellanby wasn't even the worst one, ask Young and Tkachuk. I don't mind players getting hyped up on good plays but he did the same thing to Young when he tried a weak chip over Roy. No one will argue that he's the best, but he's a vet near retirement so it is not like he has to proove anything. When he does that he gets him self in trouble anyway.

Case and point was Demitri's goal. Roy trying to play the puck like Broeduer gave the puck up and gave up a good scoring chance to the wrong Blue! To bad Pavel didn't skate around the net and stare down Roy! Would have loved to see it.

As to Barry... Alex you might be a despised Av fan but I agreee with you whole heartedly with the exception of one thing he must have said to his barber in the off-season."Take that mullet back about six inches." At least he said one thing wothwhile.

>I've got to agree with TC on this one

What?? A Blues fan siding with a fellow Blues fan? Now if that don't beat all... :wink:

I think Roy's one of those guys that you love to have on your side and despise if he's playing for the other team. He's always been cocky as hell, it's part of his style and part of his game, I think he feeds off his own attitude and steps it up the more pissed off and schoolyard he gets. This kind of motivation is probably what you need when you're entering your late 30's and still starting 50+ games a year, plus playoffs. Again, looks like a prick when he does it if he's stonewalling your team at the same time, but it looks to me like he's keeping his aging legs pumped up. Let's say Patty decides next week he'd like to finish his career in St. Louis; you'd take him for a playoff run, wouldn't you? His in-your-face stuff probably wouldn't bug you quite as much if he was helping you beat the Red Wings, you know?

>Alex you might be a despised Av fan

I can feel the love :twisted: .

>"Take that mullet back about six inches." At least he said one thing wothwhile.

Heh, this is true. If he gets rid of the whole thing he might have to renounce his Canadian heritage though!

Did you notice on Wednesday that, as they were running through the 'Unbreakable Records,' the team with the most consecutive losses in NHL history featured none other than Mr. Melrose?

Poetic justice was the moment they pointed out Barry was on that team. It was shortly after his individual tirade of laughter at his own joke! They need to get him Kruk, Randy Johnson and Ricci together and have a dualing Mullet tour. That would be nice.

As to Roy being hated by us cuz we are Blues fan.. your godamn right! We'll like him just as soon as you like Geoff Courtnal. To bad there are no LA Kings fans in here so we could gloat about this for about ,ahhh lets see 5 minutes? :drunk:

PS I do like Roy(alotta of Av players for that matter) as long as they are loosing to the Blues!