Avs fire GM

Yahoo wrote:Avalanche GM Francois Giguere fired

The Colorado Avalanche have fired general manager Francois Giguere after the team finished last in the Western Conference.

Team president Pierre Lacroix on Monday called the season “unacceptable.” He will oversee the Avalanche until a replacement is hired.

This is the first time the team has come in last in the conference since the franchise relocated to Denver in 1995. The Avalanche had a 32-45-5 record and were 28th in the league, in front of only the New York Islanders and Tampa Bay.

Giguere was appointed executive vice president and GM in 2006.
kind of feel bad for the avs. what a freefall. granted, they had a lot of injuries to deal with, but the blues had more man-games lost due to injury and we're in 6th. that final game, wolski looked really bored. i like budaj and raycroft, i like hensick & hejduk, and i hope they can get their shit together for next year so we get some rivalry back, us & the wings. hope to see sakic suit up at least a few more games.

Re: Avs fire GM

Woo-HOO! Giguere has done a mediocre job at drafting and scouting talent, lowballed Theodore after we went to the trouble of rebuilding his confidence and let him get away so we could go into the season with two backup goalies (at best) to battle for the starting job, let guys like Andrew Brunette (26 goals for the Wild this season!) go and replaced them with guys like Darcy Tucker (6 goals, off the top of my head)...fuck him, get him out of here. The fucking Red Wings reloaded under the salary cap thanks to GOOD SCOUTING and have won a post-lockout Cup, no reason we shouldn't be in there doing the same. Used to be we'd find guys like Drury, Hejduk and Tanguay in the middle rounds of the draft, now we sit around waiting for Svatos' shoulder/ankle/hymen to heal and keep hoping Wolski turns into a consistent 1st or 2nd line guy, which he probably never will...

*sigh* thanks, I needed that.

Rumor has been swirling that the tanned and relaxed LaCroix would come sailing back in to the rescue (I think he had a cancer or heart trouble scare a few years back that caused him to step away in the first place and he's got a clean bill of health now), I look forward to seeing what he does in the offseason to right the ship, and you know damn well he will fucking do some things.

Also should say, VERY happy to see the Blues back in the playoffs and I hope you stick it in the Canucks and break it off! Would love to see you guys go on a run, I have little place to bitch considering our young franchise's overall success and you all have had to be very patient.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."