Thoughts on this?

http://www.hockeygodonline.com/

Two guys writing about hockey, the first being Mike Danton, imprisoned former NHL-player. Hired a hitman to murder Dave Frost a few years back. The same Dave Frost that's the blogs second contributor, and also the same guy who recently was cleared of charges of abusing members of his former junior hockey team, of which the above mentioned Mike Danton was a part.

Sounds... messed up.

Re: Thoughts on this?

Yeah, I think we discussed this a bit back when it was unfolding as Danton was a Blues player at the time...all sounded like a very twisted relationship, and I guess this goes towards proving that.

Hey, at least you've got Foppa back on the ice, get him healthy and send him back here so we can win a few games!
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

No, Foppa ain't back on the ice... Well, he was. But last night he was supposed to play against HV71 in the swedish league but was a no-show after the warm-up. They called a press conference in between the second and third period (!) where he said he put his comeback on indefinate hold.. again. I think this is it for him, I'm sorry to say. He looked AMAZING in his first comeback-game a week ago, and he was ok'ish against my team Djurgården the game after that. But now he couldn't even skate. From what he said in the press conference, it's pretty much over for the guy :(

Yeah, read exactly that in today's Denver Post (you'd be surprised how closely his movements are covered in the local press). Dude probably needs to hang it up and enjoy his fame and fortune; we'd love to have him back here but at that age the injuries just don't go away anymore. Have had the pleasure of watching him live a good number of times here in Denver, he's a one-of-a-kind player. We Avalanche fans are going through a long, rude awakening about how good we've had it as Forsberg, Sakic, Foote and many other names enter the history books and are replaced by marginal talent (thanks crappy new GM Francois Guigerre!).
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Yup, a lot of good hockey, championships, individual awards...it was a great run! But now Sakic's been out for months and will probably retire, Foote is in and out of the lineup and not particularly effective, Patrick Roy left the building years ago...good times :|