Olympics 2008: Beijing

if you aren't watching these opening ceremonies, you are truly missing something amazing. i've never seen anything like it. incredible. at first i thought it was somehow computer controlled, but it's freaking PEOPLE. simply incredible.

i'm in awe. i want footage of this in HD. i want this soundtrack..amazing.

Re: Olympics 2008: Beijing

i may be a huge nerd, especially for asian culture, but if you're not moved by this, you're just fucking dead. incredible.

(cue klimov to tell me how horrible it is that they've spent $100 million on this while there's so many poor, starving, abused people out there...)

let me be clear - i want footage WITHOUT THE FUCKING RETARDED AMERICANS TALKING THE WHOLE TIME, TELLING STUPID FUCKING RURAL AMERICA WHAT EVERYTHING IS/MEANS BECAUSE WE'RE ALL JUST A BUNCH OF INBRED REDNECKS!!! THANKS NBC!!!!

can't we just hear what's going on THERE? and not go to money-grubbing commercial EVERY FIVE FUCKING MINUTES SO THAT WE MISS HALF OF THE SHOW????

that men's relay last night was just flat-out amazing. the most incredible finish i've ever seen in a swimming event, and i'm geeked about swimming events in the olympics. wow. amazing. take THAT you mouthy frogs!

Let me be the first to second TC's assertion that women's beach volleyball is a compelling sport.

Also, I am oddly...affected...by some of the female weightlifters..esp. some of the
Asian ones. Damn...

Conversely, some of the Asian female gymnasts...OK, almost all of them...freak me out. Their skills are insane, but girls of 20 years who look 8 are just odd. I mean...they look like little tiny kids.
http://www.vectortrio.com

TC wrote:if you aren't watching these opening ceremonies, you are truly missing something amazing. i've never seen anything like it. incredible. at first i thought it was somehow computer controlled, but it's freaking PEOPLE. simply incredible.
That's Zhang Yimou for you. Check out his nationalist-populist phase in Hero and House of Flying Daggers and then, if you're feeling really daring, you can go back and check out Raise the Red Lantern and To Live.

The Thais were pretty disappointed with their weightlifting tallys, apparently.