Re: Hockey aside...

haha, get it up ye Chelsea! They had no chance against Man U. 8)

I'm pissed that my side (Rangers) lost the UEFA Cup Final against some no-name Russian mobsters, who were managed by our former-boss - Dick Advocaat. That guy's a tosser. Tonight is the home league decider as well - we're tied at the top with the old firm rivals, Celtic. We used to have a 7-point lead over them, but we fluffed that - mainly due to a complete fixture overload. They have 4 GD on us though, so they have to draw/lose and we have to win/draw. Bah.

At least Man U won. Chelsea are so boring to watch play as well.

Same thing that happened to Celtic last time they were in Europe. The SPL didn't give a shit about their fixture overload and gave them absolutely no room to manoeuvre. They just had too many games in too short a period and it's knackered the team. Strachan said he has no sympathy for us because the same thing happened to them, which resulted in us taking the league title that year. We still have a chance, but eh... Guess it's just our turn to suffer that fate for once.

Sounds like a very plausible theory. The only way teams like Man U and Chelski can go the distance in the CL and still top the league is of the massive amount of quality players. I see this in my swedish league as well, the teams that actually make it to any sort of european cup, perform like shit in the league. Inevitable.

Ja, Man U and Chelski (I love it!) are in the top-5 richest clubs in the world. Rotating their team for fresh legs every match isn't a problem. Rangers aren't exactly poor, but we still don't have enough to have two full "first" teams. Richest in Scotland is still a far cry from the riches of Man U and Barca. There appears to be a bit of a shortage of new quality players on the open market too.

Abramovich also just spent 2 players worth ($33.6m) on a painting of a grossly-fat naked woman.

Abramovich also just spent 2 players worth ($33.6m) on a painting of a grossly-fat naked woman.
Damn, that dude just comes up with great metaphors for "his" football-team all by himself doesn't he? I assume he's gonna hang that in the player locker-room.

Fer fuck's sake, lost to a bunch of sheep shaggers Aberdeen? That's just an embarrassingly shocking finish.

[me=Von]defiantly waves a little Rangers flag.[/me]

Edit: It's good to know that there are more than just hockey fans here though, and specifically fans of European football at that. ;-)

Tough loss dude. I honestly don't think they would have lost that game, or the league for that matter, had they not been absolutely crushed by Zenit.

Since I'm swedish, I'm all for both sports but nothing beats a good football-game. Ever :)

_Marcus_ wrote:Tough loss dude. I honestly don't think they would have lost that game, or the league for that matter, had they not been absolutely crushed by Zenit.

Since I'm swedish, I'm all for both sports but nothing beats a good football-game. Ever :)
real football or the horrible abomination we have here in the states that gets called football?

_Marcus_ wrote:All you yanks and canucks shall have to excuse me on this one, but...

Manchester United Champions of Europe!! :killer: :ay: :metal: :drunk:

Chain knows what I'm talking about

I think Chainy's a Crystal Pussy er Palace fan.

If I root for anyone it's the Gunners. Fuck Man U :flipa:
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Yeah, ol' chainpenis has for some ungodly reason taken it upon himself to root for the un-rootable CP. Football? Nooo, think more along the lines of mudwrestling!:P

Gunners ey? Yeah, hopefully they'll have a team next season but it's doubtful. Oh, and also, fuck 'em :)

_Marcus_ wrote:Yeah, ol' chainpenis has for some ungodly reason taken it upon himself to root for the un-rootable CP. Football? Nooo, think more along the lines of mudwrestling!:P

Gunners ey? Yeah, hopefully they'll have a team next season but it's doubtful. Oh, and also, fuck 'em :)

Don't follow it, but isn't CP constantly relegated? That's probably the thing I like best about English football, the whole relegation thing. They should totally do that with pro franchises over here.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

_Marcus_ wrote:You know, it's not just english football who has the relegation thing... EVERYONE has it except the US :-P

Yeah, CP are a constant up-and-down-team. I have no idea what chain sees in 'em :)
he likes the ol' up & down? :P