habs in 5

#2 Pittsburgh vs. #7 Ottawa
pens in 6

#3 Washington vs. #6 Philadelphia
caps in 7

#4 New Jersey vs. #5 NY Rangers
devils in 6

Re: playoff predictions, 07-08

I actually had some hope that my beloved Rangers would make it past at least the Devils this year. But then... they lost that last game and now their 7-1 up will count for absolutely nothing. I really fucking hope I'm wrong, but I'm predicting tough times against NJD. Damn.

Washington - Philly: Philly in 6. Caps wasted too much energy just making it to the playoffs.
Pittsburgh - Ottawa: Crosby in 6.
Montreal - Boston: Montreal in 5.
Detroit - Nashville: Detroit in 5 (if Zetterberg stays healthy)
San Jose - Calgary: No idea. Could go either way.
Minnesota - Colorado: Same as above.
Anaheim - Dallas: Disney in 6.

NHLFaceOff.com wrote:UNITED STATES PANELISTS
QUARTER FINAL PREDICTIONS

Here is who U.S. panelists think will win each Quarter Final series:

Eastern Conference
Montreal Canadiens (88%), Pittsburgh Penguins (84%), Washington Capitals (73%) and
New Jersey Devils (58%)

Western Conference
Detroit Red Wings (89%), San Jose Sharks (84%),
Minnesota Wild (53%) and Anaheim Ducks (73%)

Montreal in 5 Games (46%)
Pittsburgh in 6 Games (36%)
Washington in 6 Games (31%)
New Jersey in 6 or 7 Gms (Both 22%)
Detroit in 5 Games (44%)
San Jose in 6 Games (35%)
Minnesota in 6 Games (24%)
Anaheim in 6 Games (31%)

Here is who Canadian panelists think will win each Quarter Final series:

Eastern Conference
Montreal Canadiens (95%), Pittsburgh Penguins (81%), Washington Capitals (78%) and
New Jersey Devils (64%)

Western Conference
Detroit Red Wings (90%), San Jose Sharks (73%),
Colorado Avalanche (52%) and Anaheim Ducks (77%)

Montreal in 5 Games (51%)
Pittsburgh in 6 Games (42%)
Washington in 6 Games (32%)
New Jersey in 6 Games (28%)
Detroit in 5 Games (45%)
San Jose in 6 Games (30%)
Colorado in 6 Games (25%)
Anaheim in 6 Games (34%)

Here is who International panelists think will win each Quarter Final series:

Eastern Conference
Montreal Canadiens (88%), Pittsburgh Penguins (72%), Washington Capitals (64%) and
New Jersey Devils (52%)

Western Conference
Detroit Red Wings (89%), San Jose Sharks (68%),
Colorado Avalanche (61%) and Anaheim Ducks (69%) International
Length of Series

Montreal in 5 Games (48%)
Pittsburgh in 6 Games (35%)
Washington in 6 Games (27%)
New Jersey in 6 Games (23%)
Detroit in 5 Games (43%)
San Jose in 6 Games (35%)
Colorado in 6 Games (27%)
Anaheim in 7 Games

Western Conference

#1 Detroit vs. #8 Nashville
Wings in 5

#2 San Jose vs. #7 Calgary
sharks in 6

#3 Minnesota vs. #6 Colorado
avs in 7

#4 Anaheim vs. #5 Dallas
ducks in 5

Eastern Conference

#1 Montreal vs. #8 Boston
habs in 5

#2 Pittsburgh vs. #7 Ottawa
pens in 7

#3 Washington vs. #6 Philadelphia
flyers in 7

#4 New Jersey vs. #5 NY Rangers
devils in 7

Thanks for lending us your play by play guy for our TV broadcasts, St. Louis...the unreplaceable Mike Haynes had aneurism surgery yesterday and is out for the duration :cry:
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

hahaha, yeah you're welcome for that. get some pillows ready for nap time. but dude, you will laugh your ass off at his eyes. watch what he does when his partner is talking and they are on camera. just watch him.

so, avs in 7? little confidence in... what, theo? i just don't see the wild getting it done yet.

but i like your predictions - lots of game 7's. should be fun.

I'll be watching him tonight...Haynes was actually better on the radio, but really, there was no one better. Hope he recovers, not surprised he popped a major vein considering how he'd go off when the action got good.

I just know MN won the division, they play that goddamn slowdown Lemaire crap brand of hockey, and a lot of our major talent is old and injury prone. Really, with them missing the playoffs last year I'm just not sure what they'll do one way or the other. Hell, they blew a 3-1 series lead last time they played MN. Will Theodore keep up the good work? He could catch fire, he could implode, he's shown the ability to do both this year. MN is without one of their top defensemen so that's good. If we come out and get one in their building tonight I'll feel a lot better about things, I guess.

Jesus H, seems like only yesterday that the Blues had the longest playoff appearance streak in the league...what the hell is going on there?
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

quick answer: rebuilding. we were at maximum density for quite awhile and finally imploded a few years ago. we're accumulating talented youth and once we get good again (1-2 years) we will be good for a long time, again. it's painful, but exciting, and was very necessary.

Sakic with the game winner in OT! Crazy game last night. How long can Theodore keep this up?

Maybe next year the Blues will make it back to the playoffs. I miss it. Looking forward to the draft though. Who will they take with the #4 pick, or will they possibly even trade up? I hope to see Berglund and Oshie on the team next year.

3-2 in OT is getting really old...hope we can figure out how to take advantage of a fucking power play at some point this century...

Alexhead wrote:3-2 in OT is getting really old...hope we can figure out how to take advantage of a fucking power play at some point this century...
i know! it's going to be an interesting rest of the series, that's for sure.

Most agree that Theodore's had some kind of bug although a few have posited that being sent back to the hotel due to illness was a ruse and that he just plain sucked in that first game. Budaj was great in relief, he's now given up 1 goal in god knows how many shots after Jose being pulled in both games, and I would hope he'd start the next game here. I don't have the numbers handy but I think Budaj's been far more consistent over the last 2 years than Theodore. Forsberg's consistently inconsistent health is getting old and not helping the lineup, although everyone knew that's what we were signing up for, and Wolski being out, and now Hannan, well, neither helps much. We did go down 0-2 to the Wings in '99 and win the series in 6, but that was a different era. Boils down to this--better goaltending, or a quick exit. Real curious to see how this affects Jose's contract negotiations this summer...

Sounds like Theodore's got the start tonight...hope they don't wait until 4 goals have been scored on him to pull him this time :pissedoffattheodore'sraginginconsistency:

I don't get it. Pull him twice in a row, his backup has outplayed him massively, and still go back to him? Yeah, the Blues went though Q, so it shouldn't surprise me, but...stupid.
Are you propositioning me? I taste like candy and you want the recipe?

There are a lot of locals who ain't exactly delighted with Queenie, although to his credit he realized when Theodore got hot during the regular season and stopped flip-flopping starters, although it took him a year and a half to figure it out...this in my mind is idiotic, you start Budaj and see what happens. Last I checked both he and Jose have the same amount of Stanley Cup rings on their fingers...and Budaj's got the far superior save percentage in the series.

Forsberg/Stastny/Wolski/Svatos/Smyth all out, it wasn't too much of a surprise I guess. Just hope Sakic comes back for one more go-round. And that San Jose makes it past Dallas and sticks it to the Wings.