Re: playoff predictions, 07-08

Screw San Jose, go Stars! We do their pyro and co2 for the home games and the longer the go the more cash we get.
(And thus you now have an insight to how I rate sports - can I make money off it and, secondary, how hot are the cheerleaders/dancers).
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Alexhead wrote:Just hope Sakic comes back for one more go-round.
and that theodore gets a fatal case of chlamydia.

mike, that's awesome. how freakin' cool. do you go to any of the games? if so, i don't know how you couldn't instantly be hooked.

Colorado Avalanche GM Francois Giguere made his post-playoff assessments, and more on the possibility of Joe Sakic's retirement.

ROCKY MOUNTAIN NEWS: Rick Sadowski reports Colorado Avalanche GM Francois Giguere believes his injury-riddled team did the best it could in its four-game elimination at the hands of the Detroit Red Wings and commended those players who played through injuries. Sadowski reports Giguere has reserved judgement on which of his 13 impending UFAs (including Joe Sakic, Peter Forsberg, Jose Theodore, Adam Foote, Andrew Brunette and John-Michael Liles) nor committed on retaining head coach Joel Quenneville, who has a year remaining on his contract. Giguere did suggest he'd welcome Sakic back and was impressed with his team's work ethic.

Sadowski also reports that Sakic's teammates are hoping he'll consider returning for another season. Sakic said he'd take the off-season to evaluate a possible return. Teammate Adam Foote said he had no regrets about the trade deadline deal that sent him back to Colorado and hopes to re-sign with the team.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: If Sakic and Foote wish to return Giguere will re-sign them. His comments about the club's work ethic gives me the impression Quenneville will return as head coach.

TC wrote:mike, that's awesome. how freakin' cool. do you go to any of the games? if so, i don't know how you couldn't instantly be hooked.
We also built the star portal that all the players go though when they go out onto the ice at the start of the game. I could go to the games if I wanted to, but I don't. The few I have been to weren't too bad. I guess if I was going to have to watch a sport, hockey would be the one I'd sit though. But I'm getting lazy in my old age and honestly when I'm not working I'm barely motivated to leave the house these days.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

wow. so i just want to be clear - you could have attened the eigth-longest playoff game in NHL history to see it go to the fourth OT and the Stars eventually clinch the series to move on to the Western Conference finals for free, with pretty much a "backstage pass", but chose not to?

i hate you. :)

darkness wrote:Screw San Jose, go Stars! We do their pyro and co2 for the home games and the longer the go the more cash we get.
(And thus you now have an insight to how I rate sports - can I make money off it and, secondary, how hot are the cheerleaders/dancers).
Well, the Stars are near the top of the league in this category. Their ice girls are smoking. At the beginning of last season there was a video on the Stars' site (might still be there somewhere) of their ice girls spending a day on the lake on a big boat together, lounging around in bikinis. It was vary niice.

I can't really root for Dallas but I can certainly root against the Red Wings, I'll run things like that for the WCF 8)

It's too early to say for sure, but most pundits suspect Sakic will be back for one more season.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."