NHL network in US could be "days away"

Sources are telling me that the loooooong awaited launch of the NHL Network in America could be as little as "days" away. There are even rumours out there that it could start on Comcast as early as October 1, although to this point I have not been able to get anyone to comment officially on that date.

UPDATE The following press release was given to me by a source...it comes from Cox Cable..

"Effective October 30, Cox will also launch the NHL Network, featuring 24- hour hockey coverage including live games. The network's signature show -- NHL On The Fly -- offers hockey fans exclusive coverage of each game, including press conferences, expert analysis, and special highlights from the NHL All- Star Game, NHL Stanley Cup Final and NHL Entry Draft. NHL Network will be offered on channel 248 of the Digital Sports and Info tier for Fairfax County and Fredericksburg-area customers."

One source, close to the situation, did say "October" and another said, "Everything is just about in place."

When I asked if October 1 was possible, the source in NY said, "Yes. that is possible."

Another MAJOR Source is getting back to me shortly...

I will update this story throughout the day.
from Eklund. holy schnikes!!!
:metal: