Detroit vs. Calgary in 6
Anaheim in 5 vs, Minnesota
Vancouver in 4 vs. Dallas
Nashville vs. San Jose in 7

Buffalo in 4 vs. NY Islanders
New Jersey in 5 vs. Tampa
Atlanta in 5 vs. NY Rangers
Ottawa vs. Pittsburgh in 6

Still stumbling about a bit after getting THISclose to making the playoffs but falling short, been very focused on my Avs and little else the last month. But I did see some of the Pittsburgh win today, getting into the groove. One thing I can say for the NHL that's significant for this NBA/NFL/College Football fan, I take much more ongoing interest in the Stanley Cup playoffs after my team's gone than I do any of the other sports. The playoffs rule.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Re: Official Playoff Predictions thread!!!

I realize some of these may even already be mathematically impossible, but I'm going to go with what my original predictions would have been anyways.

Detroit vs. Calgary in 5
Anaheim vs, Minnesota in 6
Vancouver vs. Dallas in 5
Nashville vs. San Jose in 6

Buffalo vs. NY Islanders in 6 (still rooting for NYI though!)
New Jersey vs. Tampa in 6
Atlanta vs. NY Rangers in 6
Ottawa vs. Pittsburgh in 7

Haven't paid much attention so far so I don't really know how any of these are going. But the way the season ended, I figure this is the way things are headed.
TC wrote:as soon as baseball stops being homosexual, i will.

I fucking rock, by the way. The Pens didn't pull off the upset, but the other two were bang-on, and I mostly got the series lengths within a single game too.

If Vancouver wins tonight, that's seven of eight teams, bitch. And really I knew Ottawa would win, I just didn't want to admit it. :)

My picks for next round are not so easy to foresee, though. Honestly I thought round one played out very predictably, but round 2 is going to be a doozy. It could go any which way.

Buffalo vs. New York in 6
New Jersey vs. Ottawa in 5

If Vancouver wins tonight:

Detroit vs. San Jose in 5
Anaheim vs. Vancouver in 5

If Dallas wins tonight:

Detroit vs. Dallas in 4
Anaheim vs. San Jose in 7

Let's see how I do.

well, i did only OK on the first round. let's review:

Detroit vs. Calgary in 6 - had it flopped. i kind of thought this but i succumbed to wishful thinking.
Anaheim in 5 vs, Minnesota - nice.
Vancouver in 4 vs. Dallas - took seven, but i was banking on turco being overcome by the stigma of playoff failure. however, it was luongo's heroics that made them win, as both goalies were outstanding.
Nashville vs. San Jose in 7 - wow, didn't think it would be that easy.
Buffalo in 4 vs. NY Islanders - this was a given.
New Jersey in 5 vs. Tampa - didn't think tampa would put up that much of a fight.
Atlanta in 5 vs. NY Rangers - WOW did the thrashers chocke. that was pathetic. seriously, in every aspect.
Ottawa vs. Pittsburgh in 6 - again, wishful thinking here. i also thought that ottawa would continue their streak of choking. oh well, pitt was completely outplayed in every aspect.

ok, so -

ROUND 2 PREDICTIONS:

Vancouver v. Anaheim in six. this is going to be a brutal series, and roberto will have to stand on his head every single night and be the best player on the ice game in and game out for the canucks to win this one.

San Jose in five v. Detoilet - man, it's going to be fun watching SJ destroy the used tampons.

NY Rangers in seven v. Buffalo - wow is this going to be a tight series. it could go either way, but i'm banking on lundqvist continuing his royal rampage. he is on a mission, Drury notwithstanding.

Ottawa in seven v. NJ - i have a feeling that Emery is going to be the factor here. that, and seeing Marty's infallible reign showing holes. i don't see this being the year of the trap - sorry, NJ.

not doing so hot. second round review:

Vancouver v. Anaheim in six - i wanted VAN to win, but didn't think they would. it was a much tighter series than i anticipated.
San Jose in five v. Detoilet - wow, i haven't seen a team choke so badly since the 2000 Blues. sigh, fucking detoilet.
NY Rangers in seven v. Buffalo - well, it was tight. i wanted buffalo to win, just thought lundqvist would be the man. but, he proved himself fallible.
Ottawa in seven v. NJ - it was even more brutal than i thought. i had a feeling brodeur was fading and this solidified it. i like the quote that emery said marty told him in the handshake line: "The last guy to beat me in the playoffs won the Cup - go get it."

THIRD ROUND PREDICTIONS:

Anaheim in five v. Detoilet - wow, i really couldn't possibly care less who wins this. i hate both teams. but i will never pick detoilet to win anything, ever.

Buffalo in six v. Ottawa - guess here we go - the finals everyone picked since the beginning of the season. i'd like OTT to win, but i don't see it happening.

Anaheim's got my vote, as does Buffalo, hopefully the latter to win the whole thing.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Detroit vs. Anaheim in 7—I really don't know what's going to happen in this series, to be honest. I do think it'll be very, very close.
Buffalo vs. Ottawa in 5—the Sens have just been too good. All their star players are clicking, Emery's in shining form, they're exciting to watch and they're looking unstoppable. I don't see Miller being up to the task, not yet.

Looking like some solid predictions so far. Hell, Ottawa may well sweep the Sabres—I didn't think they could take both of the Buffalo games, but they did it in rather convincing fashion.

Emery vs. Jiggy in the finals should make for some fantastic hockey, maybe I'll even find a way to get out to Ottawa and catch a game.

Oh yeah, did I say Anaheim in 7? Yeah, Anaheim in 7. Either way, it's coming down to game seven, and I don't really care who wins—this is a total win-win for me. Glad to see both of these teams in the finals, even with Jason Spazz and Alfie Le Douche wearing the gold, black and red.

My hockey team's likely to win its first game of the season tonight, too. Watch for some monster stats, cause tonight it's fucking on.

Oh yeah, that Pointstreak shit lies about penalty minutes. I've got two. I probably shouldn't have taken that hooking call on the penalty kill... especially when the guy who was already in the sin bin was my defensive partner.

And we only had three of us playing defense.

Yep, not likely the best move I've ever made.

if i would have posted before last night, i would have said "sens in 5" just for the hell of it. so, i'll stick with that.

wtf is pointstreak?

There was a link hidden away in my post above. It was only hidden away by our awful CSS, of course. :)

TC wrote:if i would have posted before last night, i would have said "sens in 5" just for the hell of it. so, i'll stick with that.
Still sticking with that? :wink:

Even without Pronger, the Ducks get it done. Good series but apparently coming nowhere near a 7th game.