man, i was so active on the blues board i go to in the week preceding and following the trade deadline that i completely missed this. only a couple people here care and me cross-posting everything has gotten exhausting in past years so i just didn't post anything.

the guerrin to SJ and KT to atlanta moves were nothing short of stellar by the blues. i couldn't be happier. i feel that we got a bit less for guerrin than what we could have, given how we completely raped atlanta with KT, but overall i'm very stoked. our draft this year is going to be balls-out. we will have such a young stud team in just a couple short years. the wideman to boston for boyes trade caught me by surprise at first, as i really liked wideman, but we did have a glut of defensement and you trade from strengths to fill weaknesses and we definitely have weaknesses up front. boyes is a stud. signing legace for a few more years was a great call. i'm not too keen on the brewer signing, but i suppose he could easily have gotten that in the free agent market. he just hasn't impressed me at all this year. in fact, he's pissed me off quite a few times. signing jamal mayers was a class move - he's been with the blues since his career started and will be a great mentor to the young guys.

i like ville, but i don't see him staying here. he's done nothing less than float in every game we've seen him. as much as i enjoy cracking up at the sheer size of his joker-esque mouth, he'll probably skate on in the off-season.

three first round picks? wow. loving it here in the 'lou. next year we're going to smoke, as we have plenty of cash to spend on the right free agents this summer, as well as our stellar draft. and our scouting staff is top notch - our current leading goal scorer, lee stempniak (23g), was snatched up in the fifth round! and andy murray is a genius.