Sid the Kid

Okay. Not only does he have points in 12 of his last 13 games, he has 29 points in that span.

19 points in his current seven-game point streak.

And a career-best six-game scoring streak.

We knew the kid was going to be good, but hot damn. He's making Selanne and Jagr look like a couple of putzes. They're both on far better teams, too.
TC wrote:as soon as baseball stops being homosexual, i will.

Hey, I had to try! There are guys I want to pick up off waivers, but I'm unwilling to drop any of my current players, because I feel like I've got a pretty solid team. I see everyone else holding onto a handful of career minor leaguers—everyone else—and figure maybe they'll give up a superstar for a trio of solid players, so they can dump some of their utterly shitty players onto waivers. And the guys I'm offering are a hell of a lot better than anything you'll find on the wire.

I can see why you'd turn it down, but I'll be the one laughing if Crosby goes down. I've got the room on my IR, do you?

Kanuck wrote:Hey, I had to try! There are guys I want to pick up off waivers, but I'm unwilling to drop any of my current players, because I feel like I've got a pretty solid team. I see everyone else holding onto a handful of career minor leaguers—everyone else—and figure maybe they'll give up a superstar for a trio of solid players, so they can dump some of their utterly shitty players onto waivers. And the guys I'm offering are a hell of a lot better than anything you'll find on the wire.

I can see why you'd turn it down, but I'll be the one laughing if Crosby goes down. I've got the room on my IR, do you?
sidney is a golden god. he is impervious to the physical ailments that hamper mortal hockey players. The only reason he took some time off this season was to let other players built point totals that he could surpass.

This league is going to get more and more topheavy as time goes on, meaning that I' pretty sure I'll get a playoff spot. Going into the playoffs you need guys that you know are going to produce for you. Crosby does that better than anyone else.

That's fair. I really can't argue with your reasoning. The kid's got the right stuff, he's in a completely separate category from the Selannes and the Jagrs—guys who produce insane totals at times, then mysteriously forget how to play hockey for long stretches, sometimes seasons at a time.

Those guys are hall-of-famers, for sure. But Sidney's the type of guy who will get his own room there—and it's not even that big. It's down the street, in the basement of an office building.

(Not at Maple Leaf Gardens, where it friggin' well belongs. Make it a hall of fame, community rink and development centre... seems like a fucking no-brainer, but who am I to say. Instead they're making it into a fucking grocery store.)

He's Tiger Tiger Woods, y'all.