Avs get whipped...

In front of an estimated 5,000 rowdy St. Louis fans. Shit, you think the Can doesn't runneth over these days? Where are all the Blues fans? Anyway, good game. God knows what the Avs will offer from night to night, which I suppose from one angle makes things more entertaining...
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

announced attendance was 9k+, still about half of what the place holds. everyone is still really pissed about the owner last year and is waiting for the team to give them a reason to show up. or everyone blew their wad on world series tickets. either way, fucking awesome game last night. legace stood on his head. i loved watching hejduk get stoned by him too. it was nice to finally feel like we had their number - it was our turn, after not beating them at all last year.

Yeah, I didn't feel too bad about it, we've done pretty well against you guys for a while (Roman Turek and a penalty shot, anyone?) and I'd like to see you get back to the playoffs, that was too bad to see that streak go down.

I don't know what the Avs' attendance has been doing the last two weeks but I don't believe they're selling out at all anymore. Tough to pay $75/seat to see Theodore give up 5 goals a night I guess :roll:
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

while some sections of the area went up a few bucks, you can get season tickets here for what amounts to $7.50/game. that's how pissed people are about last year.

Wow, no foolin' they're pissed...that's a pretty good deal. But I thought the ownership was headed in the right direction now?

Alexhead wrote:Wow, no foolin' they're pissed...that's a pretty good deal. But I thought the ownership was headed in the right direction now?
they sure are. but you know, this IS the "show-me state", so people are waiting for instant success i guess.

I think the sad truth is that after 40 years, St. Louis is still not a great hockey town. Sure, there is a small group of die-hard fans that love the game, but only about 5,000 of them as last night's game showed. The bandwagon fans will watch if there is a Brett Hull on the team or if the Blues are in the playoffs, but they're not interested in a regular season game with what they perceive as a bunch of scrubs that finished last in the league and still suck. Two of my friends that used to follow the Blues pretty closely have almost entirely stopped watching them and hockey altogether, and that seems typical of the city in general. The lockout, the crappy owner, and finishing last in the league have knocked the Blues completely off the radar for average sports fans in St. Louis. It's going to take time, good marketing, and winning on the ice before they wander back.