Link didn't work, but am I correct in guessing you put up a pic of that Zidane guy head-butting some Italian? Best part of the match.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

well... there was something operatic about it in a way. first the header that almost provided the dream ending, but not quite... then this... then having to walk off the pitch, past the trophy... certainly a more memorable exit than just humbly losing to Italy on penalties, which is prob what would have happened otherwise... good headbutt, too!

As a headbutt fan, that was one bitchin' headbutt. I was watching the game and erupted in cheers.
Talking, Talking, Walking away.........HEADBUTT!! I sure didn't see that shit coming. Brilliant.
Ride me a worm, you're a rider...
Walk without rhythm and you're a strider of deserts...

Sigh - France coud've won the penalties with Zidane in the team. Very unprofessional behaviour for a 30-something and for someone who has this much experience as a football-player.

Very disappointing.

hop the pop wrote:Sigh - France coud've won the penalties with Zidane in the team. Very unprofessional behaviour for a 30-something and for someone who has this much experience as a football-player.

Very disappointing.
Heathen.

Hey look, an HDGIF. :)

They'd better not strip Zidane of his golden ball. He deserves it, even though his team lost and he lost it on Mazeratti or whatever the fuck his name is. Somebody beat down a pussy Italian soccer player, and the world cheered - that's the story of the game.
TC wrote:as soon as baseball stops being homosexual, i will.

yeah, so did i yesterday. 23 pages of goodness. makes me actually think soccer might be worth watching sometime.

The more you watch, the more you learn to appreciate it. I did find high definition made a huge difference; with the massive field they need to cover, if you can't make out the details of what teh players are doing you really lose the appreciation for the athleticism involved. It's only when you see things close up, full speed, that you can tell exactly what's going on.

Fucking hilarious stuff, though. And my god, is this site tiny on a Mac.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TC wrote:as soon as baseball stops being homosexual, i will.

Kanuck wrote:Fucking hilarious stuff, though. And my god, is this site tiny on a Mac.
good thing i've got someone on staff that has a mac then so we can fix that. ;)

Yahoo wrote:Report: Materazzi discloses his World Cup insult
August 18, 2007

MILAN, Italy (AP) -- Italy defender Marco Materazzi finally disclosed what he said to Zinedine Zidane in the World Cup final that provoked the French star to retaliate with a head-butt.

"I prefer the whore that is your sister," Materazzi wrote in his yet-to-be-released autobiography, according to Italian news reports Saturday.

Italian magazine TV Sorrisi E Canzoni reported the insult in an interview with Materazzi, which comes out Monday. Materazzi, however, told ANSA news agency the words were not part of the interview.

"Rather they are from page 21 of my autobiography," Materazzi said Saturday. "I will speak about the book at length but only on Aug. 30, the day set aside for its presentation in Milan."

Zidane head-butted Materazzi in the chest with 10 minutes left in last year's final. He was sent off for violent conduct, ending his stellar career with a red card. Italy went on to win the game in a penalty-kick shootout after the score was 1-1 after extra time.

Materazzi, who received a two-game ban for incitement, has since apologized to Zidane. France coach Raymond Domenech this month lauded Materazzi's strategy for getting Zidane out of the game.

"I say 'bravo' to him," the coach said.
lol.