Pat Summerall

man, this guy - sure, i respect his years of service, blah blah blah - but this guy has got to go. i was falling asleep listening to him gab yesterday. does the world really need a 130-year-old guy telling them about football?

yikes.

what sucks even worse is that i know i'll have to listen to this guy for two more games this year, then who knows how long his contract is. probably the rest of this century....

:puke:

8O Madden is starting to make me snore too. He gets the occasional laugh but most of the time I'm yelling at the TV for both of them to shut the hell up! I hate being explained to what I already saw different than they did. Give them both a rose in a gas filled room and say goodnight. JMO

The thing to look forward to as far as that pair is concerned is the Cartoon Network Superbowl, have you guys seen this? Two years ago it was Roadrunner vs. Wile E., funniest shit I've seen in ages. As Pat and John ramble on about missed opportunities and bad technique, I think the score was at one point 73 to -6 in favor of Roadrunner. :loony:

Never again shall I question the power of g0re.net!

Fox splitting Summerall, Madden after Super Bowl

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Pat Summerall and John Madden won't be in the booth together next season, The Associated Press learned Tuesday.

Summerall's announcement that he's leaving his longtime NFL broadcast partner after the Super Bowl was to come in a conference call with reporters Tuesday afternoon, two industry sources said on condition of anonymity.

The sources said they did not know whether Summerall will remain at Fox with a new announcing partner.

Summerall's play-by-play and Madden's color analysis have combined to form one of pro football's signature announcing teams. This season is their 21st together in the booth. Both moved from CBS to Fox Sports in 1994.

They will call Fox's telecast of the Super Bowl on Feb. 3. It will be Summerall's 17th Super Bowl broadcast.

He has been associated with the NFL for half a century as a player and announcer.

His TV career began in 1961 at CBS, where he later was teamed with Madden