so, stupid question about the Super Bowl....

obviously the Rams will be playing, doesn't matter who the other team is. i think that the best post-season game will be the Rams-Packers game. after that, it'll be all child's play.

anyway, to my stupid question: how the fucking hell did now-shitty No Doubt get on the bill???? christ! at least last year they had Sting....

all I know is, I tried watching the local news last night because I heard some guy got eaten by his lizards and was interested to see where, and all that was on the news was Snow Storm and Football. I guess people don't watch the news any more to see whats really happening in the world.

Methinks the Green Bay/St. Louis game didn't quite live up to expectations, eh? College Ball is my sport but I'll watch the playoffs a bit. Pittsburgh/St. Louis is about all there is left to look forward to, might be good or might be a blowout. As for No Doubt, well hell, they're pretty lucky to get that gig considering nobody gives a fuck about 'em anymore. I've been waiting for U2 to join the crappy fraternity of Sting/Aerosmith et al who get up there to do their stupid medleys and such, it's about time. Geezers. :twak:

Alexhead wrote: Methinks the Green Bay/St. Louis game didn't quite live up to expectations, eh?
no shit! man, i thought that would just be the game to watch. turns out it was a joke. but, like you said:
Alexhead wrote:Pittsburgh/St. Louis is about all there is left to look forward to
Alexhead wrote: I've been waiting for U2 to join the crappy fraternity of Sting/Aerosmith et al who get up there to do their stupid medleys and such, it's about time. Geezers. :twak:
ouch! you put Sting in with that crap?? man.... :spank:

I'm impressed that you still give Sting some props, and certainly he has a great voice and is a fine musician and such, but his solo work really started cruising downhill with 'The Soul Cages,' and, well, he does car commercials now. 'Nuff said! He basically hit his creative peak with 'Synchronicity,' and it's been a looooong, looong time since the Police.

Say, have you heard the band Copeland has with Les Claypool and Tre Anastasio (or whatever his name is)? I'm always interested to hear what Copeland is up to, a little less so with Claypool anymore, and I hate Phish, but it sounds like a good mix of players.

(I do understand that this abrupt change of topic may require a relocation :roll: )