NHL 2014

So, damn! Saint Patrick has turned things around so quickly and thoroughly in Denver that one has to think our last coach was really a sack of shit (which is what everyone knows, players hated hated HATED playing for him). Our up-and-down goalie of the last couple years just beat Roy's single season win record, they continue to find ways to win with a couple top forwards out, one E. Johnson is playing like the first round pick he was all those years ago, and the many high draft picks we had during the Sacco regime are playing like high draft picks. Wife is bummed that I am making her watch hockey again on a regular basis (not that she dislikes hockey but she might like other programs more). In watching the standings, what the hell is going on with the Blues? Think we just took over the division last night in Vancouver.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Re: NHL 2014

fucking nosedive is what's going on. tons of injuries, but scoring has been an issue all season. yeah, i'm excited for the avs and frankly scared. unless we turn things around very quickly, it'll be another first round exit for us. losing last night against a possible first-round opponent is no good.

Happy with the Miller acquisition? Saw he got benched.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

nothing has really been his fault. he hasn't been saving games, but the d quit playing in front of him. tweaking needs to happen up front, but half of our key forwards are injured now.

Sorry man, that's not how you want to roll into the playoffs after the season you've had. We are down about 3 guys but at least two should be back soon (I think we get one back tonight) and the others by the second round if we make it that far.

Much obliged! Just shelled out some bucks to get 20th row seats for Thursday's game against Minnesota, will be fun to say I was at Roy's first playoff game. Hopefully a victory (duh).

My guess is you ended up watching a whole lot of your game...OT wins are the sweetest!

couldn't stay awake for the conclusion of the longest game in franchise history (our first 3OT). what a sweet conclusion. both of us had good games, eh? statistics say there is now a ~68% chance we're meeting next round.

Yeah, heard that stat being bandied around on the radio today. We did not look sharp for lengthy portions of the game but man did we know when to make plays, not the least of which was your former failed superstar Eric Johnson saving that empty netter.