Re: R.I.P. Dave Brockie

Suckage. I've got a new co-worker that was in a band for a while with one of the earlier Beefcake the Mighty bassists, and apparently has heard some great Gwar stories. The only thing he told me about so far, was when Gwar was nominated for a Grammy and showed up in costume. Apparently they went to some after party at a restaurant, strolled in, and Oderus spotted Patrick Stewart leaning against the railing on a 2nd floor mezzanine. Oderus stopped in the middle of the floor and yelled up at him defiantly, "PICARD!!!" Patrick Stewart proceeded to ignore him, but Oderus kept doing it until the whole place went quiet and was just watching him. Finally Patrick Stewart acknowledged him and complimented him on his loud voice or something, and he was satisfied. That would have been hilarious to see. I'm sure Stewart was just thinking to himself, "who is this guy and what the fuck is going on??"

Re: R.I.P. Dave Brockie

big d note wrote:Suckage. I've got a new co-worker that was in a band for a while with one of the earlier Beefcake the Mighty bassists, and apparently has heard some great Gwar stories. The only thing he told me about so far, was when Gwar was nominated for a Grammy and showed up in costume. Apparently they went to some after party at a restaurant, strolled in, and Oderus spotted Patrick Stewart leaning against the railing on a 2nd floor mezzanine. Oderus stopped in the middle of the floor and yelled up at him defiantly, "PICARD!!!" Patrick Stewart proceeded to ignore him, but Oderus kept doing it until the whole place went quiet and was just watching him. Finally Patrick Stewart acknowledged him and complimented him on his loud voice or something, and he was satisfied. That would have been hilarious to see. I'm sure Stewart was just thinking to himself, "who is this guy and what the fuck is going on??"
:-D This must have been a few years back, since the Stewart these days seems to be in to doing almost anything to make fun of himself. Would have loved to see the Stewart of now, face up against Oderus in a bar.