Deafheaven--Sunbather

I think they're already considered sellouts by the Black Metal community for their excursions into post-rock dynamics and tempos (and a pink-ish album cover) but this is one that I'm getting into that y'all headbangers may appreciate.

[youtube][/youtube]

There is probably a vast amount of Black Metal I would enjoy if the vocals weren't so much one-note screaming (and yes, I base this on a minute sampling on my part). I like a good screamer as well as the next punk rocker but in some cases it just puts a wall up between me and the cool music going on.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Re: Deafheaven--Sunbather

So, any of you metalheads bother to check this out? I'm trying to apply for the cool kids club here. Liking the album.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

first i've heard of them. listening to it, it's not really black metal. it's the latter-day "post metal", "post black metal" veering into "shoegaze". vocals are a bit loud in the mix to be so one note, but i'll check out the album. surprised you like it. you should check out Alcest and Wolves In The Throne Room.

Haven't heard of the first but I have read good things about Wolves in the Throne Room (great name too), will do that.

Dream House (above) is my song of the year. I think you can find the whole thing on youtube if you want to check it out.

New Deafheaven

I listen to so little music that sounds like the music you guys listen to that I have to share when something in your wheelhouse emerges. Give it a spin and let me know what you think.

[youtube][/youtube]

Well call me a poser but I bought the album and like it, whatever genre it feels like being in any given moment. Probably like the last album better though.