Slayer - the shitty news thread

It's all over Blabbermouth. Dave asked some questions about the band's finances, and has found himself replaced on upcoming dates. So now it's just Tom and Kerry.
Last edited by TC on 03/05/13, 14:47:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title was "Lombardo replaced in Slayer".
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Re: Lombardo replaced in Slayer

So the Slayer Corp. put out a statement saying Dave made new demands at a meeting a week ago today, and there wasn't time to resolve things before the new tour started tomorrow. Um, this is plainly bullshit. So Jon Dette just happened to be ready to go in a week's time, he's all rehearsed and up to speed on a full set of songs he's not played in 16 years? I call bullshit.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

sigh, another band torn apart by bullshit. thing is, these days there is no way back from this. ten years or so ago, we never would have known the "inside stories" of what was happening. because of that, if they eventually were able to work things out, they could have. now, with the internet and everyone publishing their versions, there is no way back. egos are involved and professional profiles, etc. don't see how either side says, "oh yeah, forget what i said, it's ok now."

no hanneman, no lombardo... RIP slayer.

I smell 2016 reunion tour!!

Sorry Slayer fans, just trying to be positive. Was never a fan myself although I did see them live and they inspired the coolest huge swirling moshpit I've ever seen.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Never say never. After all, Van Halen had huge public battles and managed to reunite with Roth and Hagar (and Roth again). It's just all a matter of who's on or off the right combination of alcohol and drugs at any given time.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

It is probably premature to declare the band over, at least in an official capacity. Touring commitments and endorsements will ensure the band lives on in one form or another. I mean, with such bands, it's more now about branding and live appearances than it is about producing new music.

Someone that was at a fest they played in Australia told me the entire crowd was chanting, "Where is Dave?" during the set. Tom walked to the mic and in his best Tommy Chong impression said, "Dave's not here man". :D Well played.
There are no stupid questions. Just stupid people.

I guess we'll make this the Slayer bad news thread: RIP Jeff Hanneman.
Yesterday, thrash metal gods Slayer posted an open letter to fans regarding the ill health of guitarist Jeff Hanneman, who suffered a spider bite last year that eventually left him in a medically induced coma, from which he was slowly recovering. Sadly, today, Hanneman passed away at age 49 of liver failure. The band’s publicist issued the following statement:

Slayer is devastated to inform that their bandmate and brother, Jeff Hanneman, passed away at about 11AM this morning near his Southern California home. He was 49. Hanneman was in an area hospital when he suffered liver failure. He is survived by his wife Kathy, his sister Kathy and his brothers Michael and Larry, and will be sorely missed.

It’s no exaggeration to say that Slayer are one of the most important bands in the history of metal if not American rock music, period. They were also one of the few metal bands to remain vital well into middle age. The loss of Hanneman is a significant one. Just terrible, sad news. RIP.
http://stereogum.com/1340101/r-i-p-slay ... eman/obit/
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

What kind of fucking spider bit him? I find that aspect of the story interesting as I got bit up by a spider a couple years ago and it fucked with my liver for about 3 months. Awful stuff.

TC wrote:i'm devastated.
This.

Earlier this week I was thinking, what with all that's happened, it wouldn't surprise me if the band announced it was done. But then there's KK, who will surely milk a 2- or 3-year farewell tour and album for all its worth.

Re: Slayer - the shitty news thread

It's official: Bostaph is back in the band full time. Not even after Jeff's passing could they put egos aside and come to some arrangement with Dave.