Iommi has cancer

Some bad news this week. At least they caught it early. Sending good vibes to Tony. :(
Legendary BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi has been diagnosed with the early stages of lymphoma, a cancer of the lymphocytes, a type of cell that forms part of the immune system.

Iommi, 63, is currently working with his doctors to establish the best treatment plan and remains upbeat and determined to make a full and successful recovery.

This comes as BLACK SABBATH — Ozzy Osbourne (vocals), Tony Iommi (guitar), Geezer Butler (bass) and Bill Ward (drums) — are writing and recording their first album in 33 years in Los Angeles (still set for release this fall) with producer Rick Rubin. They will now go to the U.K. to continue to work with Tony.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Re: Iommi has cancer

Yeah, saw that--sucks big time. One hopes the prognosis is good, but if it's pretty beatable they do tend to mention that and I haven't seen that in the articles I've read. Sounds like they're moving the album recording over to England so he can be at home while undergoing treatment, I hope he's got enough steam to finish that. Having a project to focus on like that can be a real boon to people going through chemo.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."