new Turbonegro

Blabbermouth wrote:New TURBONEGRO Lineup To Play First Show Next Month

Norwegian "Despots of Deathpunk" TURBONEGRO have called upon old friend, legendary Londoner and former DUKES OF NOTHING frontman Tony Sylvester to step in as their new vocalist.

Sylvester, 38, cuts a formidable figure. A longtime stalwart of the British hardcore punk scene and music industry veteran, he was the President of the London chapter of the Turbojugend fan club and has previously worked with the band as their U.K. press officer.

Tony is a connoisseur of the finer things in life, especially music of all genres and 19th century English literature, in addition to being a part time plus-size model (for, amongst others, Burberry) and member of the men's fashion editorial staff at GQ Style magazine.

TURBONEGRO has been on a two-year hiatus since the split with former vocalist Hans Erik "Hank Von Helvete" Dyvik Husby in 2009, after his decision to pursue a career in acting, the Church of Scientology and goth rock.

Sylvester will perform his first show with TURBONEGRO at the Turbojugend World Days in Hamburg, Germany on July 15.

Commented lead guitarist Euroboy: "Well into the second song we played with Tony, I stopped thinking this was an audition — it was just a great sound! We ran through a bunch of songs and had a lot of fun, he knew all of them! Tony pulled off the songs with a raw-yet-elegant attitude to his performance that makes him an obvious choice as the new singer of our band. We had a list with a few other names on, which we ripped in two and left on the floor of our rehearsal place."

Added bass player Happy-Tom: "Tony is the fan who we in turn became fans of early on, before becoming close friends. He has the powerful, soulful voice and the presence we have always been looking for in a singer and we are STOKED to have this magical gentleman or gentle THUG aboard!"

Stated Tony Sylvester himself: "I was incredibly honored to get the call up and blown away by the way the sound came together so quickly. It's going to be different for sure — there's a little more filth in my pipes, but as a longtime jugend, I want to assure the Turbojugend that the legacy is in safe hands."

The new lineup is already working on songs for a new album.
turbonewsinger[1].jpg
i've never heard this guy, and i'm tempted to agree with the comments that say "no hank, no turbonegro", but after hearing hank's shitty new project, i really question that. i sincerely hope that this invigorates the lads into a lean back to their older stuff and that he has an equally charming voice that sounds at once like he's singing/talking/laughing like hank's. if not... the demise of one great band led to the genesis of two shitty ones, which would be worst case scenario here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: new Turbonegro

fucking finally...
BWBK wrote:TURBONEGRO To Release New Album; First Single ‘You Give Me Worms’ Out Today

Turbonegro have announced they will release their ninth studio album, entitled Sexual Harassment, on June 13th via Volcom Entertainment.

The album was recorded at Electric Lady Studios in New York, NY.

LP’s and CD’s of the album will be available in August. Artwork for the album can be seen below:
18113--62925f4bcb0ad8cfbccf310d183d3b0c[1].jpg
The first single off the album, ‘You Give Me Worms’, recently premiered on BBC1 and is available digitally here starting today, May 4th.

Turbonegro is:
Tony Sylvester (AKA Duke Of Nothing) – vocals
Euroboy – lead guitar
Rune Rebellion – rhythm guitar
Happy-Tom – bass
Tommy Manboy – drums
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: new Turbonegro

have to say this is pretty damn fun. i do miss hank and his trademark whine, but duke does his own thing with them and it works damn well. this is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than that steaming pile of dogshit hank gave us last year.