RIP Peter "Sleazy" Christopherson

The Quietus wrote:It is with great sadness that this morning the Quietus is having to report that Peter "Sleazy" Christopherson of Throbbing Gristle, Psychic TV, Coil and X-TG has died. He was 55, and reportedly passed away in his sleep. The news was broken in the early hours of the morning by Chris Carter and Cosey Fanni Tutti, who tweeted "Our dearest beautiful Sleazy left this mortal coil as he slept in peace last night.words cannot express our grief". The Throbbing Gristle website simply features Sleazy's name, and the dates of his life: 1955 - 2010.

Only recently Sleazy had been in London for what will now be Throbbing Gristle's final ever concert at the Village Underground venue. Read our interview with Sleazy, conducted just a few months ago, here. Our thoughts are with Cosey Fanni Tutti, Chris Carter, Genesis P-Orridge, TG's manager Paul Smith and all Sleazy's friends and family.

Robin "Scanner" Rimbaud contacted the Quietus to pay tribute: "Sleazy was the sweetest gentleman. I remember him telling me after the very first Scanner CD in 1992 that it was the first album he'd listened to all the way through from start to finish in a long time and that really touched me, given that I'd been a TG fan since 1980. We remained friends since then and I will miss him a hollow heart indeed. I hope there's a hellish handsome angel out there that has kidnapped him for eternal naughtiness."