Re: Sleep reunite for tour!

And of course Pavement's on my birthday that week too...unfortunately I have recently had what appears to be a permanent uptick in my tinnitus and I'm starting to question whether I should subject my ears to much more live music...ever... :cry:
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Yeah, I've taken to using them quite frequently. I don't know how much of a chance I want to take that the current ringing will get worse, though.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

GAH! That is two days before my wife's scheduled C-section with kid #2. I don't see myself being able to go to that show. :(

With earplugs your tinnitus shouldn't get any worse. I wear them to pretty much every show since the late 90s when I realized I was starting to damage my hearing. I like the Hearos brand even though they cost a little more than the simple foam ones. They give me a better fit.

Alexhead wrote:Yeah, I've taken to using them quite frequently. I don't know how much of a chance I want to take that the current ringing will get worse, though.
Go in for a hearing test. I did a few years ago and it helped soothe my worries about the constant high-pitched tone in my left ear. Seems that in spite of that, my hearing's still excellent. I wear earplugs to most shows now, too.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Oh, I even went so far as to have an MRI about a week and a half back (a really strange and somewhat psychologically damaging test, I don't recommend) after having my hearing checked. And yeah, mine checked out more or less OK too. I'm just paranoid; want to be able to at least listen to my music collection for the better part of the years I have left.