Dio diagnosed with cancer

A couple days old, but worth posting for all concerned:
RONNIE JAMES DIO Diagnosed With Stomach Cancer - Nov. 25, 2009
Wendy Dio, the wife and manager of legendary heavy metal vocalist Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW), has released the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"Ronnie has been diagnosed with the early stages of stomach cancer. We are starting treatment immediately at the Mayo Clinic. After he kills this dragon, Ronnie will be back on stage, where he belongs, doing what he loves best, performing for his fans.

"Long live rock and roll, long live Ronnie James Dio.

"Thanks to all the friends and fans from all over the world that have sent well wishes. This has really helped to keep his spirit up."

Ronnie James Dio, 67, has performed with ELF, RAINBOW, BLACK SABBATH, and his own band DIO.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Re: Dio diagnosed with cancer

Wow, best of luck ot him--67 years old?? I mean, dude's always looked old but I had no idea. Time flies. Hope he beats it.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Re: Dio diagnosed with cancer

This was human-interest news that actually bummed me out. In the last year, i've gotten into Dio/Rainbow pretty hard. The idea of a world without Dio is pretty sad. I did have a very baked conversation with a friend about turning to science to create the ultimate metal vocalist: "King Dio". 50% King Diamond, 50% RJD. I was thinking a clone, but Tyrell corp. might do well with an android. I hope he pulls through this, the survival rate for metal guys with cancer isn't abysmal, but it's close.
Ride me a worm, you're a rider...
Walk without rhythm and you're a strider of deserts...