Clash of the Titans II?

This has been rumored for a while, but now here's some confirmation from the Metallica camp that they're "working on it."
Chris Varias of Metromix conducted an interview earlier this week with METALLICA bassist Robert Trujillo. The question-and-answer session follows below.

Metromix: There's a rumor going around now about the four classic thrash bands (METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH and ANTHRAX) touring together. How would you feel about being part of that?

Trujillo: I think it's great. We've had a few different conversations on the subject. I'm friends with (SLAYER's) Kerry King and had dinner with him a few months back, and it came up there. I think (MEGADETH's) Dave Mustaine is amazing. I've never had a problem with him personally. I think it'd be great if METALLICA shared the stage with his band. METALLICA's still great friends with (ANTHRAX's) Scott Ian. There's a lot of history there. I think it'd be great for metal. I don't think all four bands have played together at the same time.

Metromix: So there's truth to the rumor?

Trujillo: There is, but nothing's concrete. It's not a sealed deal. We're working on it.
Could be fun. If this is gonna happen, they may as well go all-out and make it a summer festival. Main stage for the Big Four; Anthrax opens, and Kerry King and Dave Mustaine can rock-paper-scissors for the slot directly before Metallica. Then, have a second stage during the afternoon for groups like Municipal Waste, Machine Head, Kreator, 3 Inches of Blood, High on Fire or [your favorite band here].
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Re: Clash of the Titans II?

I thought Mustaine and Metallica were on permanent outs since the whole "get the fuck out of the band, Dave" thing...?
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Re: Clash of the Titans II?

Metallica did invite him to attend their Rock Hall induction, though he declined. This tour could happen provided Dave keeps his verbal diarrhea under control.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.