Alice In Chains - Black Gives Way To Blue

blabbermouth wrote:ALICE IN CHAINS: 'Check My Brain' Released To Radio; Audio Stream Available

"Check My Brain" — the first single from "Black Gives Way To Blue", the highly anticipated new album from ALICE IN CHAINS — has been released to radio and can be streamed in the YouTube clip below. (Note: This is a reduced-quality version of the audio file.)

Due on September 29, "Black Gives Way To Blue" is ALICE IN CHAINS' first new studio release in more than 10 years. The quartet (guitarist/vocalist Jerry Cantrell, drummer Sean Kinney, bassist Mike Inez and guitarist/vocalist William DuVall) recorded the album with producer Nick Raskulinecz (RUSH, FOO FIGHTERS) at Studio 606 in Northridge, CA and Henson Studios in Hollywood.

The track listing for the CD is as follows:

01. All Secrets Known
02. Check My Brain
03. Last Of My Kind
04. Your Decision
05. A Looking In View
06. When The Sun Rose Again
07. Acid Bubble
08. Lessons Learned
09. Take Her Out
10. Private Hell
11. Black Gives Way To Blue

ALICE IN CHAINS has tapped U2 and WHITE STRIPES video director Alex Courtes to shoot a clip for "Check My Brain".

Among the many highlights on "Black Gives Way To Blue" is a special guest performance by Elton John. The two rock legends collaborated on the album's stunning title track, "Black Gives Way To Blue", a heart-stirring tribute to ALICE IN CHAINS' late lead singer Layne Staley.

Fans and members of the press heard "Black Gives Way To Blue" in its entirety at a private listening party in Los Angeles on July 14, followed by a three-song acoustic set by the band in which it debuted two songs from the album live — the title track and "Your Decision".

On August 22, band will join TOOL and LINKIN PARK for the first-ever Epicenter show at the Fairplex in Pomona, CA, to be followed by a headlining tour set to kick off September 4 at the 9:30 Club in Washington, D.C.
[video][/video]
aic_black[1].jpg
hm... not bad, actually.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.