Steven Tyler falls off stage

Oh gawd, Steven. You're not 25 anymore.
Aerosmith’s Tyler hurt head, shoulder neck in fall
RAPID CITY, S.D. (AP) — Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler suffered head, neck and shoulder injuries in a tumble from the stage at a South Dakota concert and joked about the fall as he was loaded into the helicopter to be taken to a hospital, a concert spokesman said Thursday.

Tyler, 61, whose performances often include swaying and grinding on microphone stands adorned with scarves, fell while entertaining the crowd by dancing around after the sound system failed during the song “Love in an Elevator,” said Mike Sanborn, spokesman for the Buffalo Chip Campground, which hosted the outdoor concert.

“He was good natured about it,” Sanborn said. “He was in good spirits when he got in the helicopter. He was talking and joking with the physician.”

Sanborn said it wasn’t immediately clear how serious Tyler’s injuries were and that he was taken to Rapid City Regional Hospital, the only major hospital in western South Dakota. A hospital spokeswoman would not confirm Thursday whether Tyler was there. A representative for the Mitch Schneider Organization, which represents Aerosmith, said the firm was in the process of gathering information about the accident at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.

“He does a lot of dancing on the stage and he does a lot of stuff with his mike stand. He put his stand down and twirled around and stepped backwards off the stage,” Sanborn said.

Tyler fell onto a couple of fans in the crowd of thousands, Sanborn said. Security rushed to help him and the crowd cheered when Tyler got up and he was taken backstage, where a physician attended to him.

Around 12:15 a.m., Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry came out to tell the audience Tyler was being taken to the hospital and that the show would not go on.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Re: Steven Tyler falls off stage

Harsh words from Mr. Joe Perry:
NEW YORK (AP) — Joe Perry is angry that Aerosmith has been sidelined due to Steven Tyler’s tour injury.

“The tour was building up to be a great tour, and I was pretty (upset), you know,” Perry said in an interview on Wednesday.

The guitarist hasn’t even spoken to Tyler recently: “I haven’t talked to him in over five weeks. I don’t know what’s going on with him. I hear he’s getting better, but I don’t know I really don’t know what’s going on with him.

The 61-year-old Tyler fell off the stage during an Aug. 5 performance in South Dakota. He broke his left shoulder and needed 20 stitches in his head. Tyler was ordered by doctors to take the time to properly recuperate from his injuries.

“I was pretty (upset), because right before that, he had pulled a muscle in his leg. And we had to take two weeks off and we missed probably seven dates,” Perry said.

“All I know is he’s got to get his act together. I mean, he and I haven’t written a song together alone in the same room in over ten years, so there’s been some changes in paradigm of what Aerosmith is,” he said.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.