Good rock

Anyone have some to recommend? No offense T.C., but I'm probably not referring to the Black Metal-style stuff. Punk (hardcore, not so-cal happy pussy crap)/metal/experimental all welcome. Haven't found anything new that trips my trigger lately, although Fu Manchu does come out with a new one Tuesday (and play here that night too!). They're good dumb fun. Anyway, would like to hear what people are listening to.

haha, you don't have to qualify every request for music thoughts with "no offense, but no black metal shit". i'm well aware not everyone is into what i am into, and i usually don't try to push it on anyone unless they ask.

that being said, here's some thoughts:

Minus - jesus christ bobby (finally available in the states)
Godflesh - Hymns or Songs of Love & Hate
Karma to Burn - s/t

that should keep you busy for awhile. that Minus is god....

Heh, appreciate your appreciation of my thoughts on the matter. What little I've heard (and in all fairness, it has been very little) didn't do much for me, but to each his or her own. Minus, that sounds pretty cool. I'll go check it out. I've got plenty of Godflesh, they're good fun.

Perhaps by coincidence, I was thinking of a post you put up last week on the DLDB about AIC and Soundgarden; I was at the used shop and finally found a cheap copy of "Louder Than Love" (an old cassette favorite that wore out) and an even cheaper copy of "Dirt" (a big favorite of my old guitar player's that I grudgingly grew to like). I must say that I think the two bands really come from different mindsets. I've heard something that I guess you could call AIC's 'first' record, a demo they did that is extremely glammy and basically crap, and I've heard several early tracks by Soundgarden that would indicate they were a lot more into Sonic Youth and Scratch Acid at the time of their genesis. I think that helped Soundgarden; when they hooked their high-school metal roots up with their early 20's punk/noise influences, they came up with something beautiful. AIC just kind of started as a metal band and turned into a pretty damn good metal band (well, for about an album and 2 EPs). Any of that make sense? Yesterday afternoon was a 'return to 1990-93' for me after picking those up, 'twas kinda cool. Why the fuck can't any kids pick up a guitar and wail even a little bit these days? Sad...