Re: Good covers?

Alexhead wrote:On the Sabbath front, don't forget Soundgarden's Into The Void (a little better than Kyuss IMHO), 1,000 Homo DJ's Supernaut (Got to see Kim Thayill play this with Ministry live, was fuckin' sweet), and Helmet's Symptom of the Universe. Oh and Anthrax does a fine Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.

FudgeTunnel's Changes is probably the greatest, though.
:cheers: on Soundgarden's cover of Into the Void.

I like Sepultura's version of Symptom of the Universe too. :metal:

I've been on a quest to find a cover from an old nintendo game called Ikari Warriors performed by The Breaking Wheel (or maybe Artillery). Nerdy but so damned cool at the same time. Any advice as to where I can purchase this track?
“Sometimes you just have to pee in the sink.” - Bukowski

That is a good cover by Spiderbait, and the video is pretty cool. Have you seen the original Ram Jam video? It is so awful. I e-mailed it to some co-workers one time and said "this is how you make a video for $10." None of the video syncs with the music, they repeat parts of the video (several times even), there's some random dude jumping around like he's part of the band, but he does nothing but hit a tambourine sometimes, and then you have their biker friends hanging out in the background drinking beer. I think half their $10 budget went towards the beer.

On the mellow side, check out M. Ward's cover of Bowie's "Let's Dance," it's pretty different...and awesome.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."