Re: Chinese Democracy--this fall!

dhn wrote:I am feeling a strange quantum of excitement for this album.
Really? If this were autumn 2000, and not 2008, I might be inclined to agree. But it's been too long, much too long since Axl Rose was in any way relevant. (Notice that I'm referring to Axl specifically, and not the band; the band hasn't existed since Izzy Stradlin bolted.) This isn't GN'R, it's a solo project.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

dhn wrote:At least you Americans all get a free Dr. Pepper.

I am feeling a strange quantum of excitement for this album.
HOLY SHIT, A DHN SIGHTING. chinese democracy has been seen online more often in the last two years. wow.

anyway, heard a song from this album sunday, it actually wasn't bad at all. good musicians. irrelevant, but should fill the void created by the initial promise of velvet revolver, such as it is.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/12/g ... ella-2016/

The inevitable will be happening...until Axl flakes, that is.
As of three years ago, the relationship between Guns N’ Roses’ founding lineup was so sour Axl Rose chose to sit out of the band’s induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Now, though, Rose has let bygones be bygones and, in 2016, he’ll give fans the reunion they so have long desired.

According to multiple sources with knowledge of the band’s plans, Guns N’ Roses will reunite to headline Coachella 2016. Meanwhile, Billboard reports that the band also plans to embark on a stadium tour spanning as many as 25 dates.

The band’s exact lineup is unclear, though Axl, Slash, Duff McKagan are all involved, sources tell CoS. Matt Sorum is believed to be behind the kit in place of Steven Adler. An official announcement is imminent.

Guns N’ Roses’ founding lineup last performed together in July 1993. The band has had several chances to reunite since then, though it seems this latest opportunity was too big and rich to pass up. According to Alex Martel, founder of Canada’s Rock Fest, GNR are asking for offers of at least eight million per show.

Along with Guns N’ Roses, LCD Soundsystem will reunite to headline Coachella’s 2016 edition. A full lineup announcement is expected in early January.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."