TC wrote:everyone has downloaded it.
With all those glorious beeps, yes.

It's still not a bad debut in the U.S. for a Euro metal band that's been off the radar since the early '90s.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

O-dot wrote:
TC wrote:everyone has downloaded it.
With all those glorious beeps, yes.

It's still not a bad debut in the U.S. for a Euro metal band that's been off the radar since the early '90s.
there are at least three different versions out there now sans beeps.

Well duh, because the retail version is now out.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

And that bonus track on the digipak is quite good.

TC, have you seen this interview? Very tantalizing:
KNAC.COM: You spoke somewhat fatalistically of the future of Celtic Frost while we were talking earlier. Were you being facetious? Have you given much thought to it, or do you just want to get through all this first, then take stock from there?

FISCHER: It will be determined by the media and by our audience. We cannot be so ignorant that if everybody hates what we’ve done that we carry on, regardless. And then there is the factor of having to finance the next album, and if this one doesn’t sell there is no way we can do that. But Martin and I actually are writing another album, and once again when I told him how I envisioned the next album he had exactly the same idea, which was totally crazy.

It seems to be the same pattern we had when we did Morbid Tales, To Mega Therion and Into The Pandemonium, but who knows how long that is going to last. But right now the chemistry is amazing between Martin and I, we all know nothing is forever, but right now it’s truly astonishing and we are working on material that is far heavier and far darker than Monothiest, for the next album.

KNAC.COM: Really? The new album’s pretty damn heavy.

FISCHER: Martin and I think it’s a wimpy little shit album. Seriously. I’m not just saying that for effect. We both think we should have made it much heavier because that is what is inside of us now
Ah, me likey the sound of that. :killer:

Rest of the interview.

TC wrote:fuckin' a right. hopefully we'll be on that bill.
Hrm, they play Fort Worth two days after your gig. I could make that drive...

Celtic Frost played Wacken this weekend. Here's a fan reaction from the alt.music.slayer newsgroup:
Celtic Frost! Wow! Band of the weekend, awe-inspiring. I`ve never heard any band sound so incredibly heavy, a perfect sound, a perfect performance and a perfect setlist. Starting with Procreation of the Wicked and playing all the classics from Morbid Tales, Emperors Return and To Mega Therion plus a couple from the new album. The new songs worked seamlessly into the set, I may listen to the new album in a different light now.
OK, I really am going to have to make that drive to Fort Worth in October. Good thing I've already marked off some vacation time, and hopefully the gig won't be canceled.

TC, did it happen?

I can't make the drive to their gig in Fort Worth tomorrow night. Sigh. Maybe they'll get booked on a tour next summer that'll play somewhere near here.

O-dot wrote:
TC, did it happen?

I can't make the drive to their gig in Fort Worth tomorrow night. Sigh. Maybe they'll get booked on a tour next summer that'll play somewhere near here.
nope. the band that has been the "standard" opening band for "big" gigs at Pop's was the opener. i'm sure they were o-so-good. i too had to miss the show and i couldn't feel like more of a loser.

TC wrote:nope. the band that has been the "standard" opening band for "big" gigs at Pop's was the opener. i'm sure they were o-so-good. i too had to miss the show and i couldn't feel like more of a loser.
Well crap. Sorry dude. :(

An interview with Martin:
CELTIC FROST Bassist Says 'Monotheist' Could Have Been 'Heavier And Darker' - Nov. 7, 2006
Metal-Rules.com recently conducted an interview with CELTIC FROST bassist Martin Eric Ain. A few excerpts from the chat follow:

Metal-Rules.com: We featured an interview with Tom [Fischer] back in the spring and he said, "We cannot possibly continue if everyone thinks CELTIC FROST is superfluous in today's world." Now with the album being out for several months how has the reaction from fans and press been?

Martin: Generally speaking, it has been really amazing. It's been more than what we would've expected. We got some really strong and really intense responses from people that got really touched by the music that we created, by this new album. For us, this is very much a compliment. Something that we very much cherish. As I said before, it's more than we expected.

Metal-Rules.com: [Does] this mean that there will be another CELTIC FROST album?

Martin: Yes. I mean, definitely.
Already before we had this album finished, we had to decide at one point to let this go. This entity is what it is and we're not going to let it rest, we could continue for another 10 years, but I still think it could have been heavier and darker. We already realized that ourselves when we were finished with the recording. A song like 'Totengott' was added basically at the last minute. We were still bristling with ideas and we still do so right now. It won't take four years for the next follow-up. My guess, an educated guess but it's still a guess, because being 39 if there's one thing I learnt, that I am not Nostradamus and I can't predict the future. So I think the next record will come quite fast and will be heavier but we'll have to see.
Sweet.

bmouth:
CELTIC FROST To Play 'Limited-Duration Special Guest Set' On TYPE O NEGATIVE Tour - Feb. 21, 2007
Seminal avant-garde metal pioneers CELTIC FROST have revealed that they will play a "limited-duration special guest set of 45 minutes" on their upcoming North American tour with TYPE O NEGATIVE. "In spite of the limited playing time, the band believes that this presents an important opportunity to play for the U.S. audiences again and expand upon the foundation built in the course of last fall's successful 46-date tour of North America," CELTIC FROST writes in a press release.

Due to the preceding co-headliner tour with KREATOR in Europe which will conclude on April 5, 2007, in Hamburg, CELTIC FROST will not be able to play all dates with TYPE O NEGATIVE. Immediately after the final show of the European tour, however, the group will fly to the United States to join TYPE O NEGATIVE for the first time on April 9, 2007, in Chicago and remain with the tour until its conclusion on May 8, 2007, in Baltimore, MD.
Nice.

April 14 in Lawrence, Kansas:
CELTIC FROST To Play 'Limited-Duration Special Guest Set' On TYPE O NEGATIVE Tour

Hah, cool... from Blabbermouth
There exist countless HELLHAMMER demo bootlegs, but they all utterly fail to capture the true aura, to represent the band as it actually was. They have been compiled from dismal multi-generation copies of the original tapes, and they are invariably riddled with factual and historical errors or outright lies. Former HELLHAMMER members Tom Gabriel Fischer, Martin Eric Ain, and Steve Warrior have decided to rectify this situation once and for all. "Demon Entrails" is the first official release of the legendary HELLHAMMER demos "Death Fiend"/"Triumph of Death" and "Satanic Rites" since the original limited cassette editions in 1983.

This release has been specially re-mastered from copies of the original master tapes under the supervision of Tom Gabriel Fischer, and the demos now represent HELLHAMMER exactly as the band sounded when recording these songs in June and December of 1983. Drawing from a wealth of previously unknown historical material and artwork as well as hundreds of unreleased HELLHAMMER photos from 1982 to 1984, "Demon Entrails" will also feature all lyrics and essays detailing the individual demo recording sessions.

"Demon Entrails" will be released as an opulent oversized double CD and as a gatefold triple vinyl album. Both versions will feature a lavish booklet and a poster. There will also be a third, bare-bones low-price CD version, designed to cater to markets which will not carry the standard CD due to its irregular size.

The release is scheduled for February 2008, through Prowling Death Records/Century Media.

Re: new Celtic Frost material

TOM GABRIEL FISCHER Quits CELTIC FROST

Swiss avant-garde/metal pioneers CELTIC FROST have released the following statement via their official web site:

"CELTIC FROST singer and guitarist Tom Gabriel Fischer has left CELTIC FROST due to the irresolvable, severe erosion of the personal basis so urgently required to collaborate within a band so unique, volatile, and ambitious."

It was reported earlier in the year that CELTIC FROST was putting together an album tentatively titled "Monotheist Companion" that will feature unreleased songs from 2006's "Monotheist" sessions and rearrangements of tracks from the album. The disc is tentatively due in the summer.

A video interview with a slightly agitated Tom Gabriel Fischer which originally appeared on the "Xtreme Soundscapes Vol. VI" DVD (web site) has been posted on YouTube.
:cry: :cry:
i liked monotheist and was looking forward to another comeback disc. shitty news. that's the thing with comebacks, you get to deal with them breaking up twice.

o-dot, that new jake busey avatar is disturbing. it's like looking into a mirror, lol.

Blabbermouth wrote:Former CELTIC FROST singer and guitarist Tom Gabriel Fischer has issued the following statement regarding his departure from the group:

"I am devastated beyond description, and I am infinitely disappointed. As the one member of CELTIC FROST who is exposed most dramatically to the feedback by our audiences and the media, I feel troubled and humiliated about being unable to honor the enormous goodwill extended to CELTIC FROST during the past few years and meet the justified expectations of our fans.

"I have always seen the 'Monotheist' album as a mere beginning, and a tame one at that. My mind and spirit are full of energy, creativity, and ideas. CELTIC FROST had become the unreserved focus of my life for the second time. I was looking forward immeasurably to working on the next CELTIC FROST album. To me, it needed to be darker, heavier, and more experimental than 'Monotheist'.

"And yet, CELTIC FROST consisted of three individuals, and I was only one of them. In the end I had to concede to myself that there was no other option.

"My friendship with and respect for Martin Eric Ain [bass] remain unaffected. Moreover, I am in the process of assessing my options to eventually complete, record, and release some of the ideas I originally created for CELTIC FROST and the planned next album in the course of the past few years, and to take our distinctive music out on the road again.

"There is no way back."

Martin speaks:
Bassist Martin Ain of the Swiss avant-garde/metal pioneers CELTIC FROST has issued the following update:

"We are deeply sorry about the cancellation of the summer festivals and the Giger Museum anniversary show this year. We regret the adversity that this caused fans and promoters alike. Tom Gabriel Fischer [guitar, vocals] has left the band, but CELTIC FROST is still alive, albeit in a coma of sorts. Franco [Sesa, drums] and I are not going to continue recording or touring as CELTIC FROST. This would be preposterous without one of its founding members, the original voice and its defining guitarist. But we are not going to officially disband CF. We hope that there might be a possibility of talking things over and overcoming the differences that caused this schism. Most certainly this will not happen now, but maybe sometime in the future. After all, this is not the first time in the history of this band that things have gone wrong. In the meantime, Franco and I will continue to create music of our own. Under what name or with whom else shall remain open for now. For the time being, we accept Tom's decision as being better for all of us and we would like to whish all the best for him and his future projects. A thank you is due to all fans and friends for their support in these difficult times. We hope that at least the work of these past years was as pleasurable to you as it was to us."