Oysterhead

well Alexhead, since you asked, yes i've heard the Claypool/Copeland/other guy project. i started downloading a bunch of it awhile ago just because of Copeland - i have a passion for his style - then discovered to my delight later that Claypool was involved. i'm listening to them right now. i've got 22 tracks, some are live (well, most) including a bizarre 10 minute version of House of the Rising Sun. to say that they are "out there" is an understatement. not nearly as "out there" as, say, Fantomas, but they're bizarre for sure. i can listen to them once in awhile - i think they bring out the best of each other together.

it's funny, in the middle of one of the songs, Les is introducing the other members, and he starts freaking out on stage to the audience, saying shit like, "Jesus fucking christ!!! I get to play with Stuart Copeland!!! I get to play with Stuart fucking Copeland!!"

worth checking out, to say the least....

Cool, I'd be interested to hear it. If it's pretty prog-esque, I don't know that I'd get too much use out of it, but maybe I can find someone with a copy. Did you get this from some file sharing service out there? I have no idea what's useful for getting free tunes these days.

Ever hear Primus rip into "Master of Puppets" or "Thieves and Liars" while headlining Lollapalooza a few years back? They'd just play a few bars here and there, but it was pretty funny (and surprisingly good). I always wonder what happened to their guitarist; much like Alex in Rush, he was a very overlooked part of their success.

Alexhead wrote: Cool, I'd be interested to hear it. If it's pretty prog-esque, I don't know that I'd get too much use out of it, but maybe I can find someone with a copy. Did you get this from some file sharing service out there? I have no idea what's useful for getting free tunes these days.
hm.....don't know what "prog-esque" is. yep, i got them all from beloved Morpheus. 8)
Alexhead wrote: Ever hear Primus rip into "Master of Puppets" or "Thieves and Liars" while headlining Lollapalooza a few years back? They'd just play a few bars here and there, but it was pretty funny (and surprisingly good).
yeah, that was pretty cool.
Alexhead wrote: I always wonder what happened to their guitarist; much like Alex in Rush, he was a very overlooked part of their success.
yeah, Larry was a huge part of the success of godly band Possessed before Primus, too - not that you'd know it from talking with him. he seems to like to ignore his death metal roots....